Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Facebook app no longer available for Kindle fire ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline backfiredave
08 Feb 2016, 04:14 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

facebook app no longer available for Kindle fire ?

I have a Kindle fire HDX 3rd Gen and was having trouble with the facebook app not letting me watch videos ?
I deleted the app and tried to reinstall it but could not find it in the Kindle app store so I tried in the 1 app store but this app just gives a blank screen !!
It seems that the facebook app is no longer available in the kindle store but a really anoying app called social networks that bombards you with pop up adverts !!
Anybody else noticed this ??

Dave W
---
Offline Bobd
22 Feb 2016, 10:37 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: facebook app no longer available for Kindle fire ?

I had the same problem. I deleted the app then tried to download it again but I couldn't find it. When I eventually found it on the Amazon website it said it was not compatible with my kindle and wouldn't download. After a few days of trying many things I discovered that if I use my daughter's new fire 7 that she got at Xmas I was able to add the facebook app to the cloud library and then I was able to download it onto my 3rd gen kindle. It still has problems with videos but it's better than the other facebook/social media apps I was using in the interim, no ads.
Hope this helps
---
Offline Bobd
22 Feb 2016, 10:49 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

I've also noticed that if you disable the video auto play in the app settings it helps with the video problems
---
Offline backfiredave
25 Feb 2016, 08:38 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

(22 Feb 2016 10:37 PM)Bobd Wrote: Wrote:  I had the same problem. I deleted the app then tried to download it again but I couldn't find it. When I eventually found it on the Amazon website it said it was not compatible with my kindle and wouldn't download. After a few days of trying many things I discovered that if I use my daughter's new fire 7 that she got at Xmas I was able to add the facebook app to the cloud library and then I was able to download it onto my 3rd gen kindle. It still has problems with videos but it's better than the other facebook/social media apps I was using in the interim, no ads.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice.  Not planning to get new kindle anytime soon so will just have to use Facebook on phone?  I will try the Amazon trick and download to pc and let you know how it goes? I think my kindle days are numbered.
---