Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Happy Christmas Kuffers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline davidwailing Reading
23 Dec 2015, 12:15 PM | Post: #1

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

Happy Christmas Kuffers!

This post was last modified: 23 Dec 2015 12:15 PM by davidwailing.
I haven't been on KUF a lot recently, so wanted to take this opportunity to say a big HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone! 

I've started this thread so that anyone who wants to fling seasonal greetings at each other can do so without messing up the other threads with tinsel and chocolate wrappers.  

How is everyone spending their Christmas? I'll be having family round for a traditional roast chicken lunch which, in the interests of not sending my loved ones to A&E, I will not cook myself.
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline Mads Sorensen Reading A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter
23 Dec 2015, 12:32 PM | Post: #2

Author

Thanked 176 times

What I Read

RE: Happy Christmas Kuffers!

This post was last modified: 23 Dec 2015 12:43 PM by Mads Sorensen.
We'll have both of our itchy-footed children home for Christmas for the first time in four years, so looking forward to it very much. No 'Bah humbug' this year.

Duck then rice pudding with chopped almonds and cherry sauce on Christmas Day. Whoever gets the whole almond is due a special present (a marzipan pig usually) but tries to hide the almond until everyone else has eaten far too much in a desperate attempt to win the prize.

Happy Christmas one and all.
[Image: 41rhkIGNKiL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51mqDt327EL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51c7sKtKbeL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
23 Dec 2015, 12:33 PM | Post: #3

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

Happy Christmas back atcha! We're off to our daughter's to whom I've handed on the duties. After years of cooking it all, I now sit back and enjoy. She and her husband are both excellent cooks and of course it's a delight to spend time with the grand-girls.
Christmas greetings to you all.
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Anna Faversham Reading
23 Dec 2015, 12:51 PM | Post: #4

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 276 times

What I Read

Merry

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful time with family and friends. Like Kath, after years of hosting family Christmases, my other half and I get invited to the grown-up children. Hurrah! But on Boxing Day evening, we are - for the first time - helping out at a homeless Christmas shelter, always assuming we'll be able to stagger there and this might help us to stop stuffing ourselves.
[Image: 515KxJNxTKL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 510QluvPbnL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 511DbLRLA5L._SL95.jpg]
Offline Matt5ki Reading
23 Dec 2015, 01:18 PM | Post: #5

New to this sort of thing

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Christmas Day is a quiet one as usual . Just me and Elaine relaxing, watching DVD's and generally making Christmas work at our own pace. Boxing Day at my sisters with family and nieces running around with new presents.

Hope everyone has a good one, whatever you're doing Smile
Out Now!
[Image: 51FxumiGWGL._SL95.jpg]
The Bumpkinton Tales: Volume One, in paperback and on Kindle.

Offline Ray Kingfisher Reading No, Writing.
23 Dec 2015, 03:06 PM | Post: #6

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

For the first time in yonks (actually ever) we'll be travelling on Christmas day itself. The motorway should be quiet, which will also be a first.

Then it's back home late in the afternoon for chicken (another first, we usually have ham).

For afters I'm sure we'll have the usual 'fall asleep in front of the telly too stuffed to eat anything else except chocolate', while the Christmas pudding we've bought - as always - gets left in a cupboard and usually eaten around August.

Stay happy, Kuffers, hope Santa brings what you want. Oh, and well done, Anna, that's a very good thing you're doing.
[Image: 51y5K6eT-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 41Sbp8zGoPL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51-U1w3xnrL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51N1yXKzonL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 512YvYLa3-L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51LT3qz-%2BzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51ka%2BBWFFYL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51leGk78ZOL._SL95.jpg]

www.raykingfisher.com
Offline Matt5ki Reading
23 Dec 2015, 03:10 PM | Post: #7

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

We'll be having chicken. I don't eat Turkey at any other point, nor sprouts so I see no point in eating this for the sake of a day. I'll have turkey at my sisters as she'll buy that, but I personally prefer any other meat to turkey so I don't feel I have to buy it haha

Okay, people will say 'But it's Christmas. It's not Christmas without Turkey and Sprouts' to which I always reply 'Er... yes... yes it is.' Big Grin hehe
Out Now!

Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
23 Dec 2015, 03:38 PM | Post: #8

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

Merry Christmas to all!
We will be gathering at my son's (not Alex, the other one) and his fiancée's house and not lifting a finger to help, mainly because I am not trustworthy in the kitchen and anyway don't really like cooking meat these days. Alex and I have been promised some veggie concoction (I think it's stuffed peppers or something). I don't know what will happen next but at least my sister-in-law has said she'll leave her dog in the car this year.
Things are not at all Christmassy yet chez Peartree although I've mentally cleared a space for the Christmas tree and may start blu-taking cards up later today.
[Image: C15Mdg7JBaS._SL95.png]  [Image: B1hPVOedslS._SL95.png]

Author

Thanked 391 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 23 Dec 2015 04:34 PM by DavidHaynes.
Happy Christmas everyone! 
Up at 6 with George.

Black pudding, bacon and sausage butties with my parents at 9ish.
Chocolates at 11 with some bubbles.

A roast turkey crown with all the trimmings about 2ish. (I'm scheduling in some sort of row between 11 and 4)

Indigestion and wind from 4 ish. 

At 5ish the dog will retch a mound of part-digested Turkey skin on the new carpet. (That will be my fault for contravening a prohibited direction in gving it to him earlier)

A ham sandwich and a catering bag of salted peanuts at 7

Chronic belly ache and a dose of salts at 7.39. 

Indoor fireworks at 8.30 and a row when the house is full of smoke resulting in eyes streaming and the fire alarm sounding for an hour. 

A glass of malt whisky. 9pm

A terrific bout of extremely noisy and foul smelling wind at 9.30. (Blamed on the dog who is then thrown out into the garden)

9.45 - Alternating handfuls of peanuts and chocolate.

10pm - complain about bellyache, accompanied by more wind. 

10.10 - Fall asleep on the floor.

11.45 - Woken with a start by sound of snoring and more wind.

Midnight - Lie in bed unable to sleep due to belly ache, wind and foul stench.
New for May 2017

[Image: 51QQl4j3AWL._SL95.jpg]

The Church of Broken Pieces

Offline Matt5ki Reading
23 Dec 2015, 04:37 PM | Post: #10

Thanked 111 times

What I Read

(23 Dec 2015 04:33 PM)DavidHaynes Wrote: Wrote:  Happy Christmas everyone! 
Up at 6 with George.

Black pudding, bacon and sausage butties with my parents at 9ish.
Chocolates at 11 with some bubbles.

A roast turkey crown with all the trimmings about 2ish. (I'm scheduling in some sort of row between 11 and 4)

Indigestion and wind from 4 ish. 

At 5ish the dog will retch a mound of part-digested Turkey skin on the new carpet. (That will be my fault for contravening a prohibited direction in gving it to him earlier)

A ham sandwich and a catering bag of salted peanuts at 7

Chronic belly ache and a dose of salts at 7.39. 

Indoor fireworks at 8.30 and a row when the house is full of smoke resulting in eyes streaming and the fire alarm sounding for an hour. 

A glass of malt whisky. 9pm

A terrific bout of extremely noisy and foul smelling wind at 9.30. (Blamed on the dog who is then thrown out into the garden)

9.45 - Alternating handfuls of peanuts and chocolate.

10pm - complain about bellyache, accompanied by more wind. 

10.10 - Fall asleep on the floor.

11.45 - Woken with a start by sound of snoring and more wind.

Midnight - Lie in bed unable to sleep due to belly ache, wind and foul stench.

Haha! Brilliant!
Out Now!

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Pretty much anything, apart from RomanceFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Various, not erotica, no more horrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:HumourFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:No, Writing. Last Book I Read:Celluloid - Holly Curtis Favourite Genres:comedy, heavy emotional drama.Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mystery; historicalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Third Rule (The Complete Story) by Andrew Barrett Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations