Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Release new novel before or after Christmas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Stu Ayris Reading All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
26 Nov 2015, 10:44 AM | Post: #1

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

Release new novel before or after Christmas?

Hi all!

The eBook version of my new novel will be ready for release hopefully within the next two weeks or so. I was a little concerned however that it may get lost in the Christmas nonsense although of course my will-power is legendarily woeful and I know when the book is ready to fly my finger will be hovering over that 'publish' button like a drunk posh boy ready to pounce on a squiffytramp.

I would be grateful therefore if any people with more knowledge and strategic nouse than I could post maybe some for and against points on the benefits or otherwise of pre/post Christmas releases.

Cheers!
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
26 Nov 2015, 11:22 AM | Post: #2

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

RE: Release new novel before or after Christmas?

Depends how fast your beta readers are, of course! Wink
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]
26 Nov 2015, 11:27 AM | Post: #3

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

(26 Nov 2015 11:22 AM)Kath Middleton Wrote: Wrote:  Depends how fast your beta readers are, of course! Wink

Ah my faith is boundless!!!

Whistle
Offline Tim_A Reading strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox
26 Nov 2015, 11:30 AM | Post: #4

SpaSpa Baby!

Thanked 214 times

What I Read

I'm aiming for the week between Christmas and New Years for mine, cos I think people are too distracted with buying presents in the run up to think about getting stuff for themselves, and after Christmas, they need stuff to put on their shiny new Kindles . . .

Of course that could be total bogsnot since me and nouse are not often seen together...
[Image: 512Zz5wyatL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51imffwT1JL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iVAkjSAIL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51gR9zaND4L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 513iiuG7yNL._SL95.jpg] [Image: First-Fire-Cover-ebook-tt.jpg]   Web Site | Facebook Page | Mailing List | Twitter
Dystopia Just Got British!

Author

Thanked 391 times

What I Read

Just my opinion, Stu, but I've always thought, just release it when it's done. There's very little nouse involved in that opinion though. 
Not much help really was it? Sorry!
New for May 2017

[Image: 51QQl4j3AWL._SL95.jpg]

The Church of Broken Pieces

26 Nov 2015, 12:39 PM | Post: #6

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

Cheers Tim and David! I must confess to being in the 'release it when it's done' camp which, ironically, could be between Christmas and the New Year - so thanks to both you fine fellows for your nousless nouse!
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
26 Nov 2015, 04:52 PM | Post: #7

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

I don't have any nous - along with my tact gland it was surgically removed at birth - but I agree with Tim and David. I'd hit publish just before Christmas, so it's up there and ready for when those shiny new Kindles are unwrapped. Then you can start promoting your "Baby" once you're clear of the Christmas spirit. Wink
Good luck with it, mate.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
26 Nov 2015, 05:07 PM | Post: #8

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 26 Nov 2015 05:07 PM by Stu Ayris.
Cheers Lynda!

Hope all is well and I will certainly take your advice. From one wino to another - cheers!!!  Wine1
Offline Tim_A Reading strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox
26 Nov 2015, 08:57 PM | Post: #9

SpaSpa Baby!

Thanked 214 times

What I Read

Unless it's a Christmas story, in which case you should probably hit Publish around August . . . Whistle
[Image: 512Zz5wyatL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51imffwT1JL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iVAkjSAIL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51gR9zaND4L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 513iiuG7yNL._SL95.jpg] [Image: First-Fire-Cover-ebook-tt.jpg]   Web Site | Facebook Page | Mailing List | Twitter
Dystopia Just Got British!
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
26 Nov 2015, 09:59 PM | Post: #10

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

Just about the same time as you get the sprouts on to simmer, eh Tim? Wink
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading:All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy Last Book I Read:A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield Favourite Genres:Literary FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:The Shambling Guide to New York City by Mur Lafferty Favourite Genres:SF & F
Currently Reading:The Third Rule (The Complete Story) by Andrew Barrett Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery