Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Keyboard, strange screen problem: not displaying graphics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline glynhudson
05 Aug 2015, 09:18 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle Keyboard, strange screen problem: not displaying graphics

This post was last modified: 05 Aug 2015 10:01 PM by glynhudson.
Has anyone see this screen issue before? My kindle does not display graphics and some text look blocky. I  have recently replaced the screen with a new one and the problem is the same so it must be hardware / software and not the screen. Could this be fixed by an update / hard reset?

---
Offline Campbell
06 Aug 2015, 02:50 PM | Post: #2

Half an author

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Keyboard, strange screen problem: not displaying graphics

Hi Glyn,

It looks like your kindle has a Waveform defect. Some of the older Kindle Keyboards show only black and white which means text can still be legible, but without greyscale pictures won't display. This can happen when there's a mismatch between the data on the micro-controller in the flex lead section of the screen and the data on the kindle itself.

I haven't tried the fix, but there's a user over at the MobileRead Forums who found a solution which might work for you.

http://www.mobileread.com...
[Image: 51YPll8aSYL._SL95.jpg][Image: 511Oot9VglL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51uI-baUdXL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ywvzwaQmL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ieTL%2BUsNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51WbQpEWcYL._SL95.jpg]

Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations