Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Quiz Shows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
13 Jul 2015, 06:41 PM | Post: #1

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

Quiz Shows

Only Connect starts back up tonight Big Grin
I only got into it half way through last year, so I'm hoping the first rounds will be reasonably "easy".

One of my favourite quiz shows to watch is The Chase, purely for Bradley Walsh.  He always seems like a man who loves his job.  I love it when he corpses.  Fanny Chmelar anyone Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline MoleThrower
13 Jul 2015, 08:59 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 4 times

RE: Quiz Shows

Ooh, I didn't know Only Connect was back! (Did you, cecilia_writer??) I've never known it be easy though, Joo. It always makes me feel a bit stupid, but I suppose that's part of what I enjoy about it. Smile
[Image: 51UpUaPidIL._SL95.jpg] The War of Undoing, by Alex Perry - a big nerdy fantasy novel available from Amazon and Smashwords
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
14 Jul 2015, 06:27 AM | Post: #3

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

Thanks for the alert, Joo - Only Connect is my favourite show - will have to watch on iplayer this week as I was out last night at a 3 hour meeting. Plenty of new Pitkirtly material there.
[MoleThrower, no I didn't know it was starting up again already - this is even weirder than us talking on Twitter while we're both at home though!]
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
14 Jul 2015, 09:52 AM | Post: #4

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

We've watched Only Connect since it was on C4. Love it. The main thing we like is getting a score when the other didn't. Competitive? Wink
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]
14 Jul 2015, 11:09 AM | Post: #5

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

I hadn't seen and adverts for it. A mate facebooked a screen shot saying "Monday's have just got more intelligent" and I did a Sky search and it didn't come up, so I thought it was next week.
Me and my workmate looked at each other this morning and both said "but it was supposed to be easier Sad "
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
14 Jul 2015, 12:50 PM | Post: #6

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

I love Only Connect but was only introduced to it after my daughter watched a few early on. I often get a connection loosely around the answer, and have amazed myself and screamed at the TV on occasions as I get the answer before the contestants!
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline Scribbler Reading TBR list - I hate you!
14 Jul 2015, 01:09 PM | Post: #7

I'm not really a duck

Thanked 699 times

What I Read

(13 Jul 2015 06:41 PM)joo Wrote:  One of my favourite quiz shows to watch is The Chase, purely for Bradley Walsh.  He always seems like a man who loves his job.  I love it when he corpses.  Fanny Chmelar anyone Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Ditto! The students are great value - they make me feel intelligent. Big Grin
Scribbler's scribblings:
 Amazon Author Page

Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
14 Jul 2015, 06:11 PM | Post: #8

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

(14 Jul 2015 12:50 PM)sujay Wrote:  I love Only Connect but was only introduced to it after my daughter watched a few early on. I often get a connection loosely around the answer, and have amazed myself and screamed at the TV on occasions as I get the answer before the contestants!

Screaming at the tv is definitely the best part of it! Especially during the missing vowels round.
14 Jul 2015, 08:11 PM | Post: #9

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

Apparently Victoria was 8 months pregnant during filming. So she'll be pregnant for the next 7 months Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
14 Jul 2015, 08:31 PM | Post: #10

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

Baby came in May, I think.
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mystery; historicalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:TBR list - I hate you! Last Book I Read:Maureen Goes to Venice by Jonathan Hill Favourite Genres:Anything with biker chicks... and unicorns.