Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

3 year old Kindle Fire HD has died...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline rubyrocket Reading The Help
20 Jun 2015, 04:14 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

3 year old Kindle Fire HD has died...

My almost 3 year old Kindle Fire HD has suddenly died.   I have loved it dearly, go to sleep reading every night and I like the way it goes to sleep too, neither of us have needed the bedroom light on, so now what do I do?    I can still use my old Gen3 Kindle, which I also find useful for reading when outdoors, but will so miss the Fire.   The question is should I buy another FIRE, possibly the FIRE HD 6"tablet at £79 or FIRE HD 7" at £89?   Although I access the internet occasionally on my FIRE my main use is as a reader, as I have my SAMSUNG Note.(also with the Kindle App) but I don't want to be disappointed with the FIRE HD 6".

Any advice?   Cheers  [Image: smile.gif]
Offline disleydog
20 Jun 2015, 07:28 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 13 times

RE: 3 year old Kindle Fire HD has died...

I love my kindles (FireHd & kk) but I would not buy another at this time .There are many small tablets running android and you have many more apps to play with (no longer restricted to Amazon store) At present my choice would be Tesco's Hudl 2 at £99 .Great screen ,fast OS and long battery life & with the Kindle app ,all my books just waiting to be read
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
20 Jun 2015, 07:33 PM | Post: #3

Hedgehog

Thanked 221 times

What I Read

There's a new paperwhite out. Tongue Big Grin
Hedgehogs are waking up now, so put some water and seeds out for them, they'll reward you with a calling card.  
While you are at it, water and feed the birds too. Thumbs Up And come and talk about it at GardenWildlifeUK
Offline disleydog
20 Jun 2015, 08:01 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 13 times

This post was last modified: 20 Jun 2015 08:02 PM by disleydog.
at £179 ....no thanks

or even £109 for the cheapo version still no thanks
Offline I ♥ my Kindle Reading The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett
20 Jun 2015, 08:37 PM | Post: #5

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

I'd buy a Nexus over a Fire any day ( I have 2. A 10 and a 7 inch). You can use the Amazon store as well as Google Play. The only thing with Nexus is the price. I was shocked at how expensive the current tabs are!

I'm in the position of needing a new ereader. My Kindle is having a lingering death. It's been malingering for months, but is becoming increasingly erratic and unpredictable.
 I was hoping that a price reduction would happen with the Voyage, but the new Paperwhite has turned up instead, and turned my head. Do I really want to pay the extra for buttons and an ambient light?

For ebooks, a Kindle would be first choice.
If you don't mind being restricted in your choice of Android store then a Fire would be familiar to you.

Personally, I'm looking to get a new PaperWhite.

Currently Reading:The Help Last Book I Read:Secrets From the Dust Favourite Genres:Murder Mystery/HistoricalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett Last Book I Read:Zoo by James patterson Favourite Genres:Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, True CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations