Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle unlimited at Amazon for my kindle keyboard...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline runner Reading Summit Harry Farthing, Mr Mercedes Stephen King
15 Mar 2015, 07:11 PM | Post: #1

junior kindle junkie!

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

kindle unlimited at Amazon for my kindle keyboard...

Has anyone used this feature on Amazon? It seems to me that what I should do is sign up for a free trial, download as many kindle unlimited books as I can and then cancel my subscription. Even if I end up paying for one month this would seem to be an attractive proposition...has anyojne done this? does anyone use?
Offline I ♥ my Kindle Reading Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein
15 Mar 2015, 07:21 PM | Post: #2

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

RE: kindle unlimited at Amazon for my kindle keyboard...

Not tried it myself, but a quick scan of the t&c's says that unlimited is actually limited to up to 10 titles at a time.
15 Mar 2015, 07:48 PM | Post: #3

junior kindle junkie!

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

(15 Mar 2015 07:21 PM)I ♥ my Kindle Wrote: Wrote:  Not tried it myself, but a quick scan of the t&c's says that unlimited is actually limited to up to 10 titles at a time.

so it should really be called kindle limited...
Offline Tim_A Reading strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox
15 Mar 2015, 08:02 PM | Post: #4

SpaSpa Baby!

Thanked 214 times

What I Read

No, because when you've read those, you can download another 10 and another and another...

You're only limited to keeping 10 on your kindle at a time. You can replace those 10 as often as you want. The whole idea is to read books, not to hoard them.

An unread KU book is of no use to man nor beast. Even the author doesn't get paid unless you read it.
[Image: 512Zz5wyatL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51imffwT1JL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iVAkjSAIL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51gR9zaND4L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 513iiuG7yNL._SL95.jpg] [Image: First-Fire-Cover-ebook-tt.jpg]   Web Site | Facebook Page | Mailing List | Twitter
Dystopia Just Got British!
17 Mar 2015, 08:21 AM | Post: #5

junior kindle junkie!

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

(15 Mar 2015 08:02 PM)Tim_A Wrote:  No, because when you've read those, you can download another 10 and another and another...

You're only limited to keeping 10 on your kindle at a time. You can replace those 10 as often as you want. The whole idea is to read books, not to hoard them.

An unread KU book is of no use to man nor beast. Even the author doesn't get paid unless you read it.

So can I download and keep 10 books and then cancel membership but still keep books?
Offline Tim_A Reading strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox
17 Mar 2015, 09:22 AM | Post: #6

SpaSpa Baby!

Thanked 214 times

What I Read

I have never been a member so I don't know what happens. But I would assume that - like any rental - it's only valid while you are a member.
[Image: 512Zz5wyatL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51imffwT1JL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iVAkjSAIL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51gR9zaND4L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 513iiuG7yNL._SL95.jpg] [Image: First-Fire-Cover-ebook-tt.jpg]   Web Site | Facebook Page | Mailing List | Twitter
Dystopia Just Got British!
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
17 Mar 2015, 09:26 AM | Post: #7

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

I am sure I read somewhere, but don't ask me where now, that you only have use of the books while you are a member. That would seem totally reasonable to me.
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline Daphne Reading Wanted by Tim Arnot
17 Mar 2015, 09:50 AM | Post: #8

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 89 times

What I Read

(17 Mar 2015 08:21 AM)runner Wrote: Wrote:  
(15 Mar 2015 08:02 PM)Tim_A Wrote: Wrote:  No, because when you've read those, you can download another 10 and another and another...

So can I download and keep 10 books and then cancel membership but still keep books?
According to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use "When your membership is cancelled, the titles you have selected from the program will be removed from your account, devices and applications." I suppose you could get round this by not turning the wireless connection on for your device until you have read all the books.
[Image: 51F7xHVzRlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51elwZ0zy4L._SL95.jpg]
Daphne Coleridge | Twitter

Currently Reading:Summit Harry Farthing, Mr Mercedes Stephen King Last Book I Read:Mark Billingham Time of Death Favourite Genres:horror and crime
Currently Reading:Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein Last Book I Read:Devil's Advocate by Jonathan Maberry Favourite Genres:Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, True CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:The Shambling Guide to New York City by Mur Lafferty Favourite Genres:SF & F
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Wanted by Tim Arnot Last Book I Read:I Like You For Murder: Emily Nemchick Favourite Genres:Eclectic ReaderFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations