Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

3 year old Kindle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Ericab
28 Dec 2014, 12:31 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

3 year old Kindle

Hi all,
I have a 3 year old Kindle which has always worked really well. Yesterday though, I had a lot of problems connecting it to wifi to download a couple of new books. After a few hours, it eventually connected after we did a reset to factory settings  but whilst retrieving my books from archive, kept losing the connection. This morning, it connected straight away to our wifi.
I was going to buy a new one today but have now put that off. I am wondering if the connecting problems I had yesterday is my kindles way of telling me it's beginning to fail or was it just a blip and actually everything is fine with it.
Advice would be really welcome, thank you
---
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
28 Dec 2014, 08:37 PM | Post: #2

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

RE: 3 year old Kindle

Hello Ericab and welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. Smile

It could well have been a blip with your internet, and I would say that as long as it is working ok now, to keep going with your old Kindle, for the time being at least. Were all your other devices connecting with no problems or was it just the Kindle that was a problem?
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up

Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations