Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle gone to KK heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline I ♥ my Kindle Reading Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein
25 Dec 2014, 11:02 AM | Post: #1

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

Kindle gone to KK heaven?

After 4 years and 2 and a bit months of Kindle ownership (3 years and 2 months for my current one), this morning I find I have been bereaved Sad
My Kindle has died Sad Just a white screen, won't charge, the light shows when it's plugged in, but goes off after about 10 seconds. I guess the charging system has gone to heaven and taken my Kindle with it.
Anyone know if a battery change will save it? Don't want to pay the £12-£20 for a battery if it's got no hope.

On the other hand at least I now know what I want for Christmas, just hope Amazon have them in the sales.
29 Dec 2014, 07:31 PM | Post: #2

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle gone to KK heaven?

Just in case anyone reads this that has similar problems.......

My Kindle now thinks it's Easter rather than Christmas as it has decided to perform a miracle and resurrect itself!

After a day out I got back to a Kindle that was awake, but needed a charge, probably. I couldn't actually see what the battery was on as the Kindle wouldn't wake beyond the picture screen. I did charge it and apart from losing some time, it now works as it should.

No idea why it died, no idea why it resurrected itself, no idea how long it will last this time.
Offline Anna Faversham Reading
29 Dec 2014, 08:22 PM | Post: #3

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 276 times

What I Read

That's good news and well worth a Groovy
[Image: 515KxJNxTKL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 510QluvPbnL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 511DbLRLA5L._SL95.jpg]
01 Jul 2015, 11:52 AM | Post: #4

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 01 Jul 2015 11:54 AM by I ♥ my Kindle.
Been a little while since I started this thread.
My Kindle has limped along, but it's been getting increasingly unpredictable, and it's now decided that it might be a vampire.
With all this sunshine I've trundled outside, Kindle and coffee in hand. Plonk myself down on the bench, open the Kindle, read a page or 2, get distracted by bird/pond/butterfly. Reopen the kindle to find it's dead. Sunshine makes it go blank/die/run to it's coffin. Takes hours for it to wake itself again.
Within the next week I should have enough Amazon vouchers to get myself a new one. Latest Kindle Paperwhite. I really wanted a Voyage, but can't justify £60 for buttons.
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
01 Jul 2015, 12:39 PM | Post: #5

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

Sad to lose an old friend. My KK must be 4 years old. It's only a matter of time... I'm sure you'll enjoy your paperwhite.
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
01 Jul 2015, 05:40 PM | Post: #6

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

I used to hate touch screens, but Since getting my PW, I've not looked back.

I rarely hold my kindle, I have it propped up in its fold over cover. That means that a tap is more convenient than a button push.
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
01 Jul 2015, 08:54 PM | Post: #7

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

I am the same as joo, I used to hate the idea of swiping the screen, but got used to it on my Kindle Fire and last night decided to try the app on my iPad. I found that was even better than the Fire to be honest. Dont tell my KK that I used my Ipad to read as well as my Fire, it will get upset and I have been trying to gently retire it before it dies on me! Whistle
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline George Hamilton
01 Jul 2015, 09:05 PM | Post: #8

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 108 times

What I Read

Not sure if it still applies to the current crop of lith ion batteries, but it used to be the case that to keep them going for longer, every now and then you should discharge them fully, then give them a full charge.
01 Jul 2015, 09:23 PM | Post: #9

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

I've had a tablet since 2012, I should be used to the touch screen hehe Smile .
I have loaded my current book onto my tab and can just about squint and read in the sunlight, but really no comparison to e-ink.
Plus I have to charge the tablet at least twice a day, it eats it's way through the battery.
£95 in the account and a £25 voucher on it's way. I love new stuff Smile

Currently Reading:Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein Last Book I Read:Devil's Advocate by Jonathan Maberry Favourite Genres:Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, True CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Various, not erotica, no more horrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations