Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

The Telegraph App

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Ash
30 Nov 2014, 04:51 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

The Telegraph App

Hi all, I'm new to this forum as I've just purchased a Kindle Fire 7 HD. The first problem I have encountered is that I want to download the Telegraph App & followed the instructions - Newstand in the Amazon Kindle Store - search The Telegraph & click on the T icon & download. For reasons I don't understand it says not compatible with you device cannot download ? Any help would be gratefully received 
Ash
---
Offline AndyMazarron
06 Dec 2014, 05:07 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: The Telegraph App

Hi Ash, I bought a Kindle Fire HD6 2 days ago, and have encountered exactly the same problem as you with the Telegraph app. Just had Amazon on the phone for 30 minutes, and still not resolved. As I've already paid for a year's subscription to the Telegraph, I'm not a happy bunny. I've emailed the Telegraph more than once and still await a reply.
Did you find a way round this problem, or have you still not managed to download it?
---
Offline Balliol
22 May 2018, 08:40 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

I bought an E-book from the Telegraph and whatever I do I can't get it to run and neither can I get a response from the Telegraph as to what application I need to open their Ebooks.
Offline jobo
23 May 2018, 11:32 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 9 times

This post was last modified: 23 May 2018 11:47 AM by jobo.
(22 May 2018 08:40 PM)Balliol Wrote: Wrote:  I bought an E-book from the Telegraph and whatever I do I can't get it to run and neither can I get a response from the Telegraph as to what application I need to open their Ebooks.
A quick Google Gave the telegraph e-book guide, 
https://books.telegraph.co.uk/Help/eBooksHelp#e

That says the books are not comparable with a kindle, which I don't believe, as they are either Pdf, or epub, (dependent on what you ticked when you ordered it), both of which will work if you down load a pdf,or a Epub, reader, , available from here
http://www.bluefirereader.com/
May be they mean a kindle book reader rather than a Fire tablet?
As I don't have a telegraph, book a i can't trial this for you, but at least you know what formats you are dealing with