Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Ideas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Doug J Robbins
21 Nov 2014, 01:34 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Ideas?

Hey, does anyone know how to boost ebook sales?
My ebook sales have not been the best and I wonder how to boost them?
Offline rpdahlke Reading
21 Nov 2014, 02:54 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Ideas?

(21 Nov 2014 01:34 PM)Doug J Robbins Wrote: Wrote:  Hey, does anyone know how to boost ebook sales?
My ebook sales have not been the best and I wonder how to boost them?

Yes, I do! Get my 99cent Kindle Book on Promoting. It's Short, Concise info on how to: get reviews, fans and sales!
Why should you read THIS book on promoting for your book? Because these ideas are the result of my own 4 years of selling my books on Amazon. My ideas are short, concise, and you should be able to find enough gems in it to feel that it's worth it--if not, you have 7 days to get your 99cents back from Amazon!
http://viewBook.at/B00HZ2RM70
---
Offline Colin Payne Reading
21 Nov 2014, 03:30 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 10 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 21 Nov 2014 03:54 PM by Colin Payne.
Yes Doug don't charge nearly £2 for a 17 page ebook!
That's not enticing anyone, although as book titles go, 'Jessica Martin's Fantastic Dream', is pretty impressive, it's not enough to warrant that price.

Also any book that advises you how to successfully promote an ebook should really not be being outsold by 274,303 other ebooks, surely if the advice is that good the author would be themselves utilising it to better effect.

Sorry Doug and RP if that is a little bit blunt, but at least my advice is free.
Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
21 Nov 2014, 08:11 PM | Post: #4

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 21 Nov 2014 08:15 PM by Rosen Trevithick.
Hi Doug,

Are you any relation to Sophie Robbins and Geoff?

You can generally charge more per page for books for children than books for adults but it depends whether there are illustrations and how intricate they are.

I looked up Jessica Martin's Fantastic Dream and unfortunately I can't read the text on the cover - white text on a busy light background isn't ideal. The text on the covers of Ravenwood and Gravestone and Holiday Hell stands out much better.

I notice you have a wide catalogue so custom-made professional covers could get pricey. Have you considered buying some pre-mades?

I put together a collection which I will link to below. I don't feel embarrassed about posting a shameless plug to my own work because I take no commission whatsoever from these referrals and I'm not using your thread to sell my own work, against the spirit of this forum.

Also, I'm a regular member and I contribute posts that don't exist purely to promote my own self-help book.

Pre-made cover gallery: http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk...

Also, some of your blurbs are a little light. You would benefit from writing longer synopses.

Hope this helps.
Rosen
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]
Offline nigel p bird Reading
23 Nov 2014, 09:12 AM | Post: #5

Posting Freak

Thanked 20 times

What I Read

Good response. It's also kind of like the holy grail. Tune in to the forum over time and see what's on offer - there's a lot of experience here to tap in to and there are a lot of good people who'll share.
Thanks,

nigel

The Shallows

Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:mystery, humorous mystery
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Crime, especially really nasty crimes!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Comedy; Crime, thrillers and mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:crime, noir, hard-boiledFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations