Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Advert

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
13 Sep 2010, 06:44 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Kindle Advert

Dunno if you've seen this one, but somebody posted this up on the Kindle Facebook page.

Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline jenk1947 Reading Against all things Ending
13 Sep 2010, 07:22 PM | Post: #2

Veteran Member

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Advert

I like it! I was reading a review on Kindle the other day and they were wondering if it would be popular with the ipad and the like being around. They completely missed this whole point of ereaders (i.e. the eink technology) that makes reading outdoors so easy.
That is a good book which is opened with expectation and closed with profit.
Amos Bronson Alcott (1799 - 1888), Table Talk
Offline Pieface Reading The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
13 Sep 2010, 10:15 PM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Guessing that's not shown in this country, as the American laws are more lax on digging into competition than us.
Offline wurzel Reading
14 Sep 2010, 09:19 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

briiliant!!
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
15 Sep 2010, 12:45 PM | Post: #5

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

I've seen the one on English TV, where they are sitting on the beach reading. No words, no explanation, just a background song with something like "take me away with you". Great ad.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Lesley-Ann Reading
15 Sep 2010, 03:18 PM | Post: #6

Professional Aunty

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(15 Sep 2010 12:45 PM)Susanne Wrote:  I've seen the one on English TV, where they are sitting on the beach reading. No words, no explanation, just a background song with something like "take me away with you". Great ad.

I like our ad too but everytime I hear the song while using my computer I look at the tv and think 'you're just rubbing it in now aren't youDodgy' especially more so as the dispatch estimate has moved back about a week.

It's taunting me I swear it isTongue
Reading Kindle Veteran Digital Reader.
Offline haydoni
15 Sep 2010, 04:57 PM | Post: #7

Kindle Krazy

Thanked 0 times

I have the opposite view, and really dislike the UK advert, since it doesn't explain what it is - or even attempt to! At all.
I've spoken to a couple of people who've said "I saw an advert on TV... no idea what it is!".

There are so many great features, why not at least try to advertise them (rather than just the brand)?
Offline Lesley-Ann Reading
15 Sep 2010, 05:22 PM | Post: #8

Professional Aunty

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(15 Sep 2010 04:57 PM)haydoni Wrote:  I have the opposite view, and really dislike the UK advert, since it doesn't explain what it is - or even attempt to! At all.
I've spoken to a couple of people who've said "I saw an advert on TV... no idea what it is!".

There are so many great features, why not at least try to advertise them (rather than just the brand)?

shush!! not so loud ... everyone will want one ... wait a minute I take it back if they are here they already want one. My badTongue
Reading Kindle Veteran Digital Reader.
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
15 Sep 2010, 06:55 PM | Post: #9

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

(15 Sep 2010 04:57 PM)haydoni Wrote:  I have the opposite view, and really dislike the UK advert, since it doesn't explain what it is - or even attempt to! At all.

I like the subtlety of the ad and assume people who are interested will go on Amazon to find out. Quite sophisticated and clever, in my view.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Against all things Ending Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:SiFi, Mystery, Fantasy.
Currently Reading:The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien Last Book I Read:Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carrol Favourite Genres:
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Cosmology : Classics : 20th Century Novels : Biography
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Romance / Paranormal / True Crime