Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Unlimited

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Jonathan Hill
24 Sep 2014, 05:01 AM | Post: #1

Author

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

Kindle Unlimited

Just noticed that most of my books now have the free Kindle Unlimited option next to them. I didn't realise this was happening in the UK just yet. Anyone know what the criteria are for your books to be involved? I've checked a handful of indie books and most are available with Kindle Unlimited but some aren't.
[Image: 51w2OgUyUJL._SL95.jpg]

A Surprise for Maureen - out now!

Offline Daphne Reading Wanted by Tim Arnot
24 Sep 2014, 06:41 AM | Post: #2

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 89 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Unlimited

This post was last modified: 24 Sep 2014 06:45 AM by Daphne.
As a reader/listener I am excited about the inclusion of books with narration in KU.
Books with narration

As far as the criteria for inclusion goes, I think it is books that are enrolled in Select and other books by special arrangement with author/publisher which does allow for their books to be non-exclusive to Amazon.
[Image: 51F7xHVzRlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51elwZ0zy4L._SL95.jpg]
Daphne Coleridge | Twitter
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
24 Sep 2014, 07:46 AM | Post: #3

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Hurrah! I've done very nicely with KU on dot com, so I'm delighted it's now been launched over here.

Jonty - Daphne is right. For the likes of lowly indies like us (though you're clearly a higher indie than I am Wink ) your books have to be enrolled in Select for them to be available in the KU programme.

Now off to promote it to my readers.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Jonathan Hill
24 Sep 2014, 08:16 AM | Post: #4

Author

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

Oh yes, of course. I was confused because I was convinced one of my books was in Select and it wasn't showing as Kindle Unlimited but a quick check has proved me wrong.
[Image: 51w2OgUyUJL._SL95.jpg]

A Surprise for Maureen - out now!

Offline alexroddie Reading The Terror by Dan Simmons
24 Sep 2014, 10:41 AM | Post: #5

Eccentric wanderer

Thanked 123 times

What I Read

Good news (I think!) I'll be interested to hear how this affects everyone's sales.

I for one have decided to keep two of my titles in KDP Select.
Offline Steve Robinson Reading
24 Sep 2014, 11:05 AM | Post: #6

Not Jefferson Tayte

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 24 Sep 2014 11:08 AM by Steve Robinson.
I received an email from Amazon Publishing today to let me know that Kindle Unlimited was live in the UK now and that all my books had been enrolled. If you're in Select, I think it's automatic. It might be something you can deselect via KDP if you want to, or perhaps it's now a requirement of Select enrolment.
Steve

[Image: 51-1lqA8V3L._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 61%2BKa%2BDUqsL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51QybUoiHjL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51OzJND69QL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51YouKuxEJL._SL95.jpg] 
Blog: http://www.ancestryauthor.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveRobinson01
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SteveRobinsonAuthor
Amazon KDP film - 'Behind the Cover': http://youtu.be...
Offline Anna Faversham Reading
24 Sep 2014, 11:46 AM | Post: #7

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 276 times

What I Read

On holiday in Austria at the moment, but I just had to read a minute's worth of KUF and I'm delighted to see this subject was top of the heap. Great news, as far as I can tell from my US experience.
[Image: 515KxJNxTKL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 510QluvPbnL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 511DbLRLA5L._SL95.jpg]
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
24 Sep 2014, 11:53 AM | Post: #8

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

Do you think many people have joined (or will join) KU?
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Tim_A Reading strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox
24 Sep 2014, 12:13 PM | Post: #9

SpaSpa Baby!

Thanked 214 times

What I Read

I've only had one borrow through the US KU, but I haven't really pushed it. But now that it's in the UK too, I'm pushing it a bit. I only have one book in Select, so there's only one book in KU. (I didn't get an email about it - I only found out cos someone left a 3 star review for FC1, and I logged on to see what they'd said)

It would be quite hard for my sales to go down this month, so any borrows are a bonus! Smile The only downside is you don't know how much you're going to get per borrow until after the end of the month.
[Image: 512Zz5wyatL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51imffwT1JL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iVAkjSAIL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51gR9zaND4L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 513iiuG7yNL._SL95.jpg] [Image: First-Fire-Cover-ebook-tt.jpg]   Web Site | Facebook Page | Mailing List | Twitter
Dystopia Just Got British!
Offline alexroddie Reading The Terror by Dan Simmons
24 Sep 2014, 12:29 PM | Post: #10

Eccentric wanderer

Thanked 123 times

What I Read

(24 Sep 2014 11:53 AM)Ignite Wrote: Wrote:  Do you think many people have joined (or will join) KU?
I've been talking to my sister in law about it. She devours books like they're going to become extinct (sometimes as many as 10-15 full length novels a month) and she is definitely interested in signing up.

Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Wanted by Tim Arnot Last Book I Read:I Like You For Murder: Emily Nemchick Favourite Genres:Eclectic ReaderFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading:The Terror by Dan Simmons Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Historical fiction, literary classics, landscape writingFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Crime, mystery & thriller
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Various, not erotica, no more horrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:strictly murder by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:The Shambling Guide to New York City by Mur Lafferty Favourite Genres:SF & F