Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Search has stopped working on my Kindle 3G e-ink

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Katherine Roberts Reading I keep forgetting to update this!
21 Aug 2014, 10:45 AM | Post: #1

young fantasy and legend/myth

Thanked 54 times

What I Read

Search has stopped working on my Kindle 3G e-ink

I've been getting this message on my Kindle 3G when I try to look up a book title or author etc. by typing in the search box at the bottom:

We're sorry! An error ocurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured we are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible... followed by a phone number to ring customer services.

This means I can't find anything on my Kindle that isn't in the best-seller lists or promotions... which makes my Kindle more or less useless, since I often use it to look up specific titles and authors.

Anyone else having this trouble?
Offline tao
21 Aug 2014, 11:39 AM | Post: #2

To old to give a hoot!

Thanked 15 times

What I Read

RE: Search has stopped working on my Kindle 3G e-ink

(21 Aug 2014 10:45 AM)Katherine Roberts Wrote: Wrote:  I've been getting this message on my Kindle 3G when I try to look up a book title or author etc. by typing in the search box at the bottom:

We're sorry! An error ocurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured we are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible... followed by a phone number to ring customer services.

This means I can't find anything on my Kindle that isn't in the best-seller lists or promotions... which makes my Kindle more or less useless, since I often use it to look up specific titles and authors.

Anyone else having this trouble?
Does it work on WiFi? If it does it's probably an outage on 3G system.Pondering
£250-£500 per month totally risk free! tao does it!!!  http://bonusbagging.co.uk/r/bb13802
Offline Katherine Roberts Reading I keep forgetting to update this!
23 Aug 2014, 12:22 PM | Post: #3

young fantasy and legend/myth

Thanked 54 times

What I Read

RE: Search has stopped working on my Kindle 3G e-ink

Didn't think of that... yes, it does work on wi-fi Smile So maybe it was a 3G problem?

I tend to use my Kindle on 3G, not always having wi-fi available, so I hope it doesn't become a regular thing. Out of interest, has anyone else had this problem, or was it just in my area?

Currently Reading:I keep forgetting to update this! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:fantasy, historical, science fiction, horses, YAFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations