Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Website page - title help, please.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
31 Mar 2014, 08:19 AM | Post: #1

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Website page - title help, please.

I'd like to have a page of 'extras' on my website with regularly updated content such as character biographies, interviews, and so on, and perhaps, even, short stories.. The thing is, what do I call it? It needs to be brief if it's to go on a tab and while 'Extras' might suffice, it seems a little vague.

Has anyone else done this? What have you called it and how have you done it? Please post links to your own site, so I can have a good read Wink and gather some ideas.

Thanks.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline davidwailing Reading
31 Mar 2014, 08:50 AM | Post: #2

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

RE: Website page - title help, please.

That all sounds great, Lynda, but I'd also struggle to come up with one word that covers so much content! Do you have space to break it up into two pages? Maybe one for fiction, such as stories and character bios, and another for author-related stuff like interviews?

On my site I have a 'Free downloads' page that lists all the ebooks I'm giving away, but I realise that's fairly specific: http://www.davidwailing.com/free-downloads/
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline Andy Barrett Reading Void
31 Mar 2014, 09:48 AM | Post: #3

Master of Delusion

Thanked 81 times

What I Read

You could draw them in Lynda by calling it 'Goodies'.
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
31 Mar 2014, 10:18 AM | Post: #4

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

I think I would be hesitant about calling these 'Extras'.
I have gone to the other extreme with my blog site (which I use instead of a web page) - as well as a home page and 'about', I've got 2 short stories each with its own tab using the title of the story as a heading, a page telling people where to find my novels and a random page called 'Cecilia's elephant collection' which seems to attract more views than any other page. I think as David suggests there is something to be said for dividing things up a bit more.
31 Mar 2014, 12:28 PM | Post: #5

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. Andy, I like the term 'Goodies' and may well stick with that, although Hubby came up with 'Treats'.

Cecilia, I think if anything, the site is a little too fragmented. However, it's designed and maintained by a very good friend of mine who leads a busy life. She refuses to take any payment for what she does, which means my stuff is not a priority and I don't feel I can quibble over much.

The site is currently here: http://www.ourhouse.karoo.net/LyndaWilcox/ though that URL will change tonight when she can work on it again. What do you think?
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
31 Mar 2014, 12:42 PM | Post: #6

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

Lynda, I love the peacock feathers! That's just the right image.
I see what you mean - there isn't really room for another 5 tabs or anything! So I can see why you only want one more thing. 'Treats' makes me think of cat treats, but not everyone will have that in their minds of course. I think I like 'Goodies' better.
Hmm... just thinking maybe I do need a website as opposed to a series of blogs....
31 Mar 2014, 04:00 PM | Post: #7

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Thanks, Cecilia. I love the feather, too. Very me, don't you think? Smile

I'm going with Goodies for now, and just hope she has time to upload all the stuff I've sent her, this evening. Stay tuned!

Author

Thanked 391 times

What I Read

The website looks great, Lynda- very clear and easy to navigate. It's made me think about a redesign for my blog!
New for May 2017

[Image: 51QQl4j3AWL._SL95.jpg]

The Church of Broken Pieces

Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Void Last Book I Read:The Black House Favourite Genres:Crime, thrillers, action, fantasyFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mystery; historicalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Third Rule (The Complete Story) by Andrew Barrett Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations