Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Author Writing Blog Tour

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline AKMichaels Reading Sixkill by Robert B Parker
23 Mar 2014, 07:49 PM | Post: #1

Vampire Queen

Thanked 67 times

What I Read

Author Writing Blog Tour

This post was last modified: 24 Mar 2014 09:16 AM by AKMichaels.
Hi Guys,
I've been asked to join an author writing blog tour and as it seems fairly simple thought I would give it a go. I am looking for a couple of others to join?:
This is how it works,

Use this as the blog title; My Writing Process - Blog Tour

Step one: Acknowledge the person and site that involved you in the blog tour (that's me)

Step two: Answer the 4 questions below about your writing process

1) What am I working on?

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?

3) Why do I write what I do?

4) How does your writing process work?

Step Three: Say who is on the week after you (your own chosen two or three) - give a 1 - 2 line bio for each and link to their website. (You'll need to find two or three other writer friends to ask to do the same a week after you. You then pass on the same instructions) Basically anyone interested can then access loads of writers by following links from blog to blog - a bit of writerly solidarity.

Simple realy as all you have to do is one relatively short blog which you can then save as a draft until it's the date your due to post it or set on a timer to post on the correct date if you have that facility.

This is a slightly different blog tour to the ones I have hard about where writers tend to undertake tours to promote recently published or particular book, but hopefully will help us interact and provide new readers for our blogs and work.
[Image: 51GicbIjZuL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51KZfZxxSEL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41q1ivvoYZL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41q%2B7DLowsL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51HaRcFLiDL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41luO%2BUt3yL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41ESYbqaeFL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41VaeH6v8IL._SL95.jpg]
23 Mar 2014, 08:23 PM | Post: #2

Vampire Queen

Thanked 67 times

What I Read

RE: Author Writing Blog Tour

Go on! Give it a go Groovy
[Image: 51GicbIjZuL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51KZfZxxSEL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41q1ivvoYZL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41q%2B7DLowsL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51HaRcFLiDL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41luO%2BUt3yL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41ESYbqaeFL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41VaeH6v8IL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
23 Mar 2014, 09:39 PM | Post: #3

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

Ava, I'm not opposed to giving your blog tour a go but I can't read your original post.
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
23 Mar 2014, 10:08 PM | Post: #4

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

I often find copying and pasting into here a bit of a nuisance.
To make it nice when I'm doing my review I'll make a simple typed post and publish it, then do a 'quick edit' and paste the content in. That way you don't get the formatting codes.
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline Dorte Hummelshoj Reading Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton
23 Mar 2014, 10:25 PM | Post: #5

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 78 times

What I Read

Glad it's not only me who was confused Smile

A couple of years ago I did a different blog tour. I turned it into a relay race. I sent a question to one blogger and the answer to the next blogger together with a new question. So for two weeks, our readers had to move on from blog to blog to get the answers to questions like "when did you get the idea to write xxxx", "who are the protagonists..." etc. The bloggers who participated thought it was great fun, and though it was a bit difficult to organize (because I came up with the idea in the very last minute), it created a bit of a stir.
Writer of traditional crime fiction. My blog

[Image: 51qhtZaEtGL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51DtkUTwjUL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61%2B462czKNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 614sqAeapVL._SL95.jpg][Image: 510FBkJujnL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51Tpv4zQPNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51A8eLRZfeL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61aoEY2n0ML._SL95.jpg]
Gem
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Gem[/font]
Offline navlogan Reading Faust 2.0 by Michael Brookes
24 Mar 2014, 06:55 AM | Post: #6

Normal service will be resumed shortly

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

(23 Mar 2014 10:25 PM)Dorte Hummelshoj Wrote: Wrote:  Glad it's not only me who was confused Smile

A couple of years ago I did a different blog tour. I turned it into a relay race. I sent a question to one blogger and the answer to the next blogger together with a new question. So for two weeks, our readers had to move on from blog to blog to get the answers to questions like "when did you get the idea to write xxxx", "who are the protagonists..." etc. The bloggers who participated thought it was great fun, and though it was a bit difficult to organize (because I came up with the idea in the very last minute), it created a bit of a stir.

Ava, I have had the same problem. Go back to your original post and select full edit and it should reset it for you automatically. (or is it quick edit...I can never remember)  One of the two anyway. No need to delete or mess around just select the option and it will correct it.
Offline navlogan Reading Faust 2.0 by Michael Brookes
24 Mar 2014, 06:55 AM | Post: #7

Normal service will be resumed shortly

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 24 Mar 2014 07:00 AM by navlogan.
Never mind, it wasn't working so I've fixed it for you

Use this as the blog title ; My Writing Process – Blog Tour

Step one: Acknowledge the person & site that involved you in the blog tour

1) What am I working on?
Step Three: Say who is on the week after you (your own chosen two or three) – give a 1-2 line bio for each and link to their website. (You’ll need to find two or three other writer friends to ask to do the same a week after you. You then pass on the same instructions) Basically anyone interested can then access loads of writers by following links from blog to blog - bit of writerly solidarity

Simple really as all you have to do is one relatively short blog which you can then save as a draft until it's the date you're due to post it or set on a timer to post on the correct date if you have that facility.
This is a slightly different blog tour to the ones I have heard about where writers tend to undertake blog tours to promote their recently published books, but hopefully will help us interact and provide new readers for our blogs. Interested at all?

***this sounds good to me*****BTW
24 Mar 2014, 09:17 AM | Post: #8

Vampire Queen

Thanked 67 times

What I Read

(23 Mar 2014 09:39 PM)Rosen Trevithick Wrote: Wrote:  Ava, I'm not opposed to giving your blog tour a go but I can't read your original post.
No idea what happened lol, have typed it all out, hope you are interested.
24 Mar 2014, 09:17 AM | Post: #9

Vampire Queen

Thanked 67 times

What I Read

(24 Mar 2014 06:55 AM)navlogan Wrote: Wrote:  Never mind, it wasn't working so I've fixed it for you

Use this as the blog title ; My Writing Process – Blog Tour

Step one: Acknowledge the person & site that involved you in the blog tour

1) What am I working on?
Step Three: Say who is on the week after you (your own chosen two or three) – give a 1-2 line bio for each and link to their website. (You’ll need to find two or three other writer friends to ask to do the same a week after you. You then pass on the same instructions) Basically anyone interested can then access loads of writers by following links from blog to blog - bit of writerly solidarity

Simple really as all you have to do is one relatively short blog which you can then save as a draft until it's the date you're due to post it or set on a timer to post on the correct date if you have that facility.
This is a slightly different blog tour to the ones I have heard about where writers tend to undertake blog tours to promote their recently published books, but hopefully will help us interact and provide new readers for our blogs. Interested at all?

***this sounds good to me*****BTW
Oh Nav! Thanks so much - I should've scrolled down lol - I retyped the blinkin thing before I saw your post! So are you in?
24 Mar 2014, 09:19 AM | Post: #10

Vampire Queen

Thanked 67 times

What I Read

(23 Mar 2014 10:08 PM)joo Wrote: Wrote:  I often find copying and pasting into here a bit of a nuisance.
To make it nice when I'm doing my review I'll make a simple typed post and publish it, then do a 'quick edit' and paste the content in.  That way you don't get the formatting codes.
Yes Joo was trying to save some time by copying and pasting - I've retyped it and then saw Nav had very kindly done it for me!

Currently Reading:Sixkill by Robert B Parker Last Book I Read:Cleaver Square by Sean and Dan Campbell Favourite Genres:Fantasy and Sci FiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Comedy; Crime, thrillers and mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton Last Book I Read:Did Anyone Die by Stella Stafford Favourite Genres:Crime fiction (police procedural, private sleuth, cosies)Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Faust 2.0 by Michael Brookes Last Book I Read:Fag by Jonathan Hill Favourite Genres:Fantasy, ThrillerFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations