Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Curling up with your Kindle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline mummycool1 Reading [=Single by K.L. Slater =]
22 Jan 2011, 05:49 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Curling up with your Kindle

Hi there, this is my first new thread, so I hope I'm doing it right!
I was just wondering what is your favourite time of day & place to curl up with your Kindle?
Mine is bedtime! You'll find me slinking off up to bed with a mug of chocolate horlicks & my Kindle. I have 3 kids so for me this is the quietest time of day with no distractions for me to have some pure escapism. I'll then read until my eyes won't stay open any longer!!
Gilly x Reading Kindle
Offline jenk1947 Reading Against all things Ending
22 Jan 2011, 06:10 PM | Post: #2

Veteran Member

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

RE: Curling up with your Kindle

Me as well. I would like to read more during the day but rarely get around to it. If my wife wants to sleep, I just pull the cover light out.
That is a good book which is opened with expectation and closed with profit.
Amos Bronson Alcott (1799 - 1888), Table Talk

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Same for me! I have two boys and as soon as they are in bed I am desperate to curl up under the duvet with a hot chocolate and my kindle. But I try to fit it in whenever possible!
Offline Daphne Reading Wanted by Tim Arnot
22 Jan 2011, 06:11 PM | Post: #4

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 89 times

What I Read

In my rocking chair by a log fire with a glass of wine.Reading Kindle (there isn't a wine-drinking kindle-smilie, so please modify the image in your mind).
(Bedtime with hot chocolate sounds pretty good too.Smile)
[Image: 51F7xHVzRlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51elwZ0zy4L._SL95.jpg]
Daphne Coleridge | Twitter
Offline kaska Reading Song of Jikhoshi by Katie W Stewart
22 Jan 2011, 06:33 PM | Post: #5

A Student of Life

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

Curled up on the sofa in the conservatory, dogs at my feet, cappuccino in hand & every now & then looking up at all the greenery & birds ... bliss Reading Kindle
Offline TheKindleWorm Reading The Last Battle
22 Jan 2011, 06:39 PM | Post: #6

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

(22 Jan 2011 06:10 PM)jenk1947 Wrote:  Me as well. I would like to read more during the day but rarely get around to it. If my wife wants to sleep, I just pull the cover light out.

That's exactly what I have to do. My husband often goes to sleep long before I want to so that's when the lighted cover gets a very good workout!

I'd like to read more during the day but I prefer to read in peace with no distractions. Looking forward to the summer so I can enjoy reading outside in the sun Smile
Offline Susanne Reading The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson
22 Jan 2011, 07:41 PM | Post: #7

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 5 times

What I Read

Reading in bed at night for me too and I also try to grab a couple of hours Kindle time during the weekend. I work full-time, so no opportunities during the day usually. It doesn't matter how tired I am, I always read before I go to sleep. Kindle Smile
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Offline Alex Reading A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
22 Jan 2011, 11:51 PM | Post: #8

Super Moderator - KUF Junkie

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Mine tends to be in the evening when I get home from work. There's never anything on tv at that time (or ever!) so I come in, settle on the sofa and read until it's time to think about dinner Smile
"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks.
And all the sweet serenity of books."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Offline garyhere Reading Watch Me Die by Lee Goldberg
23 Jan 2011, 01:54 PM | Post: #9

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I'm reading more now then ever. I no longer waste my lunch break sat staring at the internet, I now read my Kindle.
And rather than having the TV on for the sake of it in the evenings, again, now its the Kindle.
Offline I ♥ my Kindle Reading Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein
23 Jan 2011, 05:01 PM | Post: #10

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

I tend to read first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
One of my favourite places to read is in the garden in the sun Smile

Currently Reading:[=Single by K.L. Slater =] Last Book I Read:[=The Swap by Fiona Mitchell =] Favourite Genres:Crimethrillers/police procedurals Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Against all things Ending Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:SiFi, Mystery, Fantasy.
Currently Reading: How to Hug a Porcupine : Negotiating the Prickly Points of Last Book I Read:The Stonehenge Legacy by Sam Christer Favourite Genres:Sci Fi / Fantasy
Currently Reading:Wanted by Tim Arnot Last Book I Read:I Like You For Murder: Emily Nemchick Favourite Genres:Eclectic ReaderFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Song of Jikhoshi by Katie W Stewart Last Book I Read:As Far as my Feet Will Carry me by By Josef M Bauer Favourite Genres:I don't do Horror, Romance or vampires.Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Last Battle Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, Classics, Adventure, Romance, Childrens
Currently Reading:The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson Last Book I Read:The Summer Son by Craig Lancaster Favourite Genres:contemporary fiction, literary fiction, crime/thriller,Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin Last Book I Read:A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Crime / Historical Fiction
Currently Reading:Watch Me Die by Lee Goldberg Last Book I Read:God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything Favourite Genres:Bit of Everything...till I get bored!
Currently Reading:Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein Last Book I Read:Devil's Advocate by Jonathan Maberry Favourite Genres:Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, True CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations