Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Use Kindle Without Registering Credit/Debit Card?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline NewKindleMan
21 Jan 2011, 02:18 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Use Kindle Without Registering Credit/Debit Card?

Hello,

My son has bought me a Kindle as a gift, all up and running but don't want to register a card. Is it possible for him to buy me a gift voucher so that I have credit to purchase books and for any other use of my Kindle.Thanks
---
Offline Andrew*Debbie Reading The Big Sleep
21 Jan 2011, 02:23 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 1 times

What I Read

RE: Use Kindle Without Registering Credit/Debit Card?

This post was last modified: 21 Jan 2011 02:24 PM by Andrew*Debbie.
Yes. You do not need a credit or debit card.

Cut and paste from Amazon's support page: http://www.amazon.co.uk...

Quote: You are not required to have a credit or debit card on your Amazon.co.uk account to make digital purchases such as Kindle books, but you must establish a default 1-Click invoice address on your account to use Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates for digital purchases. If you don't already have a 1-Click invoice address on your account, follow the instructions below to add an address without entering a credit or debit card to your account.

To add a 1-Click Invoice Address for Gift Certificate purchases:
Visit the Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings page in Your Account.
Click the Enter a new address button.
Enter the address information and click the Continue button.
Set the address as your default by clicking the link on the address labelled "Click here to make this your 1-Click default address." You may be prompted to associate a credit or debit card with the address, but entering one of these payment methods is not required.

Currently Reading:The Big Sleep Last Book I Read:The City & the City Favourite Genres: