Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

The weather

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline George Reading In The Blood Steve Robinson
05 Jul 2013, 09:36 AM | Post: #1

Veteran Member

Thanked 14 times

What I Read

The weather

It is finally warming up in Staffordshire. If it continues like this I will be able to switch the central heating off and seek out my summer duvet.
Offline Daphne Reading Wanted by Tim Arnot
05 Jul 2013, 10:05 AM | Post: #2

Veteran Kindle Owner

Thanked 89 times

What I Read

RE: The weather

(05 Jul 2013 09:36 AM)George Wrote: Wrote:  It is finally warming up in Staffordshire. If it continues like this I will be able to switch the central heating off and seek out my summer duvet.

Don't get carried away, George - actions like that could jinx the weather and we'll be back to grey skies and drizzle. Since it's nice I'm taking a few days off to go painting. Got my easel out already. The new baby fallow deer are just making an appearance in the park - they are so sweet. But I don't think they will stand still long enough to be painted.
[Image: 51F7xHVzRlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51elwZ0zy4L._SL95.jpg]
Daphne Coleridge | Twitter
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
05 Jul 2013, 10:32 AM | Post: #3

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

Not for the first time lately, the BBC weather forecast is completely at odds with our actual weather here. It's showing wall-to-wall sunshine whereas in fact we have a blanket of cloud over us.
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
05 Jul 2013, 11:07 AM | Post: #4

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

It has taken all morning for the sun to appear here, but it has come at last. let's hope it stays around for a bit. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
05 Jul 2013, 11:08 AM | Post: #5

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

I have 2 weeks off work starting at 3:30 this afternoon Big Grin
We couldn't have picked a better time (as long as the forecast is true).
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
05 Jul 2013, 11:48 AM | Post: #6

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Yup, it's looking good down here. Says 27º for here on Sunday. Down to the beach for me for sure, although I already have quite bad sunburn from last weekend.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
05 Jul 2013, 12:45 PM | Post: #7

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

Hurray! Sun out here at last, in time for the weekend. Half my colleagues are sitting on a bench outside and don't want to come back in after lunch.
Offline LexiRevellian Reading A book which I have forgotten to add here
05 Jul 2013, 05:35 PM | Post: #8

Keen kuffer

Thanked 71 times

What I Read

I saw two ladybirds today on my balcony! Drab orange two-spots, quite small. The first I've seen this year.
Lexi
website
[/url] [Image: 51WwAD9NMtL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51da-%2BYkhRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iBX4NnxoL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41UMQk6bFIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51qTzauJb7L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51tzp0Z0gmL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51gPJw7MmjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 611cl4LH%2BqL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Anna Faversham Reading
05 Jul 2013, 06:27 PM | Post: #9

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 276 times

What I Read

(05 Jul 2013 05:35 PM)LexiRevellian Wrote: Wrote:  I saw two ladybirds today on my balcony! Drab orange two-spots, quite small. The first I've seen this year.
Hey Lexi, I see you have rocketed up the charts and are at 800 or so with Ice Diaries and in the top ten of three genre charts. That's encouraging - someone must be buying.

Sorry, that was off topic. The place to be.

The weather, yes, warm at last. It's bound to be overwhelmingly hot on Wednesday because I've just promised to help a friend move into their flat so if you see someone in need of a long, cool drink, it could be me. Or possibly a bucket of water will do.
[Image: 515KxJNxTKL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 510QluvPbnL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 511DbLRLA5L._SL95.jpg]
Offline LexiRevellian Reading A book which I have forgotten to add here
05 Jul 2013, 06:33 PM | Post: #10

Keen kuffer

Thanked 71 times

What I Read

Thrown over you, Anna? Or with ice and a straw?
Lexi
website
[/url] [Image: 51WwAD9NMtL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51da-%2BYkhRL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51iBX4NnxoL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 41UMQk6bFIL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51qTzauJb7L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51tzp0Z0gmL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51gPJw7MmjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 611cl4LH%2BqL._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading:In The Blood Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Charter Favourite Genres:Crime
Currently Reading:Wanted by Tim Arnot Last Book I Read:I Like You For Murder: Emily Nemchick Favourite Genres:Eclectic ReaderFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mystery; historicalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A book which I have forgotten to add here Last Book I Read:Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child Favourite Genres:Commercial FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Various, not erotica, no more horrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations