Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Entries disappearing from index

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline dandnsmith
02 Jul 2013, 03:04 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Entries disappearing from index

I've had a few instances he last few months of books disappearing from an index.
Latest one I removed from a collection, expecting it to turn up (as usual) in the home pages - but it didn't, and wasn't in any of the collections or the archive.
I managed to read the book by searching for a key word - sometimes the book, once entered, will then turn up again, but it hasn't after half a dozen trials.
Anyone got a 'fix' for this?
---
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
02 Jul 2013, 07:07 PM | Post: #2

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

RE: Entries disappearing from index

I've never seen that happen on mine,  but I rarely remove a book from all collections.  
Normally I'd just move it from a collection into the READING collection  or from their into the READ one.
Have you tried just changing the sort method at the top and then putting it back ?
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
03 Jul 2013, 11:02 AM | Post: #3

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

Never had that happen to me either I am afraid. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline dandnsmith
31 Jul 2013, 07:07 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

This post was last modified: 31 Jul 2013 07:08 AM by dandnsmith.
Thanks for the comments - only just read them, as I've firstly been out-of-country for a while and then my main PC decided to pack it in.

Yes - tried changing sort method and back, with no success.
While I was away I stated a new collection containing the current book(s) - like you have Phil, but before I read your comment. I hope this will fix my problem.
I wondered whether there was some sort of index space which can suffer when there are too many books - I have quite a few these days

Derek
---

Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations