Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Matchbox Memories - FREE for the next few days.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Ray Kingfisher Reading No, Writing.
05 Nov 2012, 10:08 AM | Post: #1

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

Matchbox Memories - FREE for the next few days.

This post was last modified: 25 May 2015 04:02 PM by Ray Kingfisher.
Matchbox Memories by Ray Kingfisher - 10/10 independent review out today:

'Matchbox Memories instantly stands apart from the crowd'

'stunner of a début novel'

'Matchbox Memories is most definitely one of the best page-turners you are likely to come across in recent years'

'both daringly honest, whilst at the same time heart-warmingly beautiful'

See the full review by Ami O'Neill-March of review-world:

http://www.review-world.co.uk...

Then get your copy for only 77p here:

Matchbox Memories

RK

(P.S. Many thanks to David Wailing for suggesting I ask Ami to review)
[Image: 51y5K6eT-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 41Sbp8zGoPL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51-U1w3xnrL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51N1yXKzonL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 512YvYLa3-L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51LT3qz-%2BzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51ka%2BBWFFYL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51leGk78ZOL._SL95.jpg]

www.raykingfisher.com
11 Nov 2012, 08:57 AM | Post: #2

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

10/10 review for Matchbox Memories by review-world

Matchbox Memories by Ray Kingfisher - 4 Amazon reviews (all 4* or 5*) and now a 10/10 independent review:

'Matchbox Memories instantly stands apart from the crowd.'

'A stunner of a début novel.'

'Matchbox Memories is most definitely one of the best page-turners you are likely to come across in recent years.'

'...both daringly honest, whilst at the same time heart-warmingly beautiful.'

See the full review by Ami O'Neill-March of review-world here:

http://www.review-world.co.uk/2012/11/ma...-book.html

And still only 77p:

Matchbox Memories

RK
[Image: 51y5K6eT-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 41Sbp8zGoPL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51-U1w3xnrL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51N1yXKzonL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 512YvYLa3-L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51LT3qz-%2BzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51ka%2BBWFFYL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51leGk78ZOL._SL95.jpg]

www.raykingfisher.com
Offline davidwailing Reading
11 Nov 2012, 11:24 AM | Post: #3

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

RE: 10/10 review for Matchbox Memories

Fantastic, well done Ray! Glad to see Ami enjoyed it so much - a 10/10 review is something to be proud of!

That last link to Review World seems to be broken but this one works:
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
11 Nov 2012, 03:07 PM | Post: #4

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

(11 Nov 2012 11:24 AM)davidwailing Wrote:  Fantastic, well done Ray! Glad to see Ami enjoyed it so much - a 10/10 review is something to be proud of!

That last link to Review World seems to be broken but this one works:

Thanks for spotting that, David - don't know what happened as I copied the link.

Yes, I was well-chuffed to get that sort of review from Ami.
However - and don't think I'm not grateful - it hasn't made much difference to sales.
As a fellow review-world reviewee (and anybody else too), do you think it really helped sell your titles?

RK.

www.raykingfisher.com
Offline davidwailing Reading
11 Nov 2012, 03:40 PM | Post: #5

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

To be honest, one review is very unlikely to make an difference to sales (unless it's published in The Guardian or similar!). But the increased visibility is worth it - because visibility is really what promotion and marketing are all about. Some people will notice the review of your book, then some time later see the book somewhere else, and wonder if it's worth a look. Plus I think there is a sort of accretion effect with reviews. The more you have, the less of a risk it becomes to future buyers. Many people will buy something just because they keep hearing about it (50 Shades, for example).

But the main thing is - your book has just received a 10/10 review! Let it make you feel happy and confident, and that will benefit you more than money at this stage. The hardest thing for a writer is to keep the energy levels high, and good reviews are the finest quality fuel.
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
11 Nov 2012, 04:15 PM | Post: #6

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

(11 Nov 2012 03:40 PM)davidwailing Wrote:  To be honest, one review is very unlikely to make an difference to sales (unless it's published in The Guardian or similar!). But the increased visibility is worth it - because visibility is really what promotion and marketing are all about. Some people will notice the review of your book, then some time later see the book somewhere else, and wonder if it's worth a look. Plus I think there is a sort of accretion effect with reviews. The more you have, the less of a risk it becomes to future buyers. Many people will buy something just because they keep hearing about it (50 Shades, for example).

But the main thing is - your book has just received a 10/10 review! Let it make you feel happy and confident, and that will benefit you more than money at this stage. The hardest thing for a writer is to keep the energy levels high, and good reviews are the finest quality fuel.

When you put it like that, I feel better. Of course, you're spot on.
Many thanks for your help and wise words (especially the fuel metaphor, liked that).

RK

www.raykingfisher.com
29 Apr 2013, 10:38 AM | Post: #7

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

2 new reviews for Matchbox Memories

I don't know whether it's due to the current promotion or just coincidence, but I've had 2 reviews for Matchbox Memories in two days, both very encouraging for a book I once thought had sunk without trace:

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and gripping read, 29 April 2013
By Kew "kbports" (england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Matchbox Memories (Kindle Edition)
I read this because someone recommended it to me, I wasn't sure that I wanted to read it at first because I thought that it would be depressing. Far from it. I really enjoyed reading it and found it hard to put down. The narrative style is very witty so that often had me smiling, and there are also some good comic moments in the story. The subject matter is a serious one, about a family caring for their mother with altzheimers, but it is dealt with in a positive and inspiring way. As well as the central theme of Ian spending a week to care for his mother whilst his father is in hospital, there is also a very gripping story about family secrets long buried. In all the story is touching, gripping and inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable story, 28 April 2013
By Golden Girl "kayf" (UK Warrington) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Matchbox Memories (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although it is described as a Bittersweet comedy drama and there is a lot of comedy and drama in it, it is also a very thought provoking story which made me wonder how many families (my own as well) have a lot of secrets that have never but should be told. I now must have a look at other books the author has written,thank you Ray.

RK.

www.raykingfisher.com

Author

Thanked 391 times

What I Read

RE: 2 new reviews for Matchbox Memories

Well done, RK!
New for May 2017

[Image: 51QQl4j3AWL._SL95.jpg]

The Church of Broken Pieces

Offline Kew Reading Black Butterflies by Sara Alexi
29 Apr 2013, 12:34 PM | Post: #9

Veteran Member

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

Glad you liked my review!

I noticed that the book is free today, I've already posted it in the gems thread. To anyone who hasn't read it yet, I can really recommend this!

Smile
Reading Kindle

Drinking tea and reading my kindle, my two favourite occupations!
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
29 Apr 2013, 12:38 PM | Post: #10

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

I've tweeted it. It deserves recognition!
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]

Currently Reading:No, Writing. Last Book I Read:Celluloid - Holly Curtis Favourite Genres:comedy, heavy emotional drama.Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Third Rule (The Complete Story) by Andrew Barrett Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Black Butterflies by Sara Alexi Last Book I Read:The Illegal Gardener by Sara Alexi Favourite Genres:Classics, historical, romance, mystery, memoirsFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations