Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

One Star Reviews

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Mads Sorensen Reading A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter
07 Apr 2013, 10:20 AM | Post: #1

Author

Thanked 176 times

What I Read

One Star Reviews

Just received this  morning. I believe it's a rite of passage. Trying to laugh and bear it. Not easy.

Absolutely ridiculous plot with equally ridiculous characters. So poorly written, I had to keep going back to see if I had missed a chapter. It was almost as if some chapters had been missed out of the book. Not worth opening.

The reviewer has written only one other, similar review.
[Image: 41rhkIGNKiL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51mqDt327EL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51c7sKtKbeL._SL95.jpg]
Offline George Hamilton
07 Apr 2013, 10:39 AM | Post: #2

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 108 times

What I Read

RE: One Star Reviews

My one star rater didn't leave a review. I'm not sure if they had put it in words would have been better or worse. Just breathe deep and move on.
Offline nikihb Reading
07 Apr 2013, 10:44 AM | Post: #3

Official KUF eBook Reviewer

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

He sounds like a very credible reviewer! NOT! I liked his wish list though..... 
http://www.amazon.co.uk...
Offline Kath Middleton Reading Hell, yes!
07 Apr 2013, 10:47 AM | Post: #4

Book Obsessive

Thanked 703 times

What I Read

Most potential readers will click on his 'other reviews' - and see what a waste of typescript he is. Anyway - he's wrong. He disagrees with me and that's my criterion! Wink
[Image: 51-o4ONEe4L._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ex7iwZKuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51ZbDrktmuL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51F7dWY8IKL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Stu Ayris Reading All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
07 Apr 2013, 11:04 AM | Post: #5

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

(07 Apr 2013 10:47 AM)Ignite Wrote: Wrote:  Most potential readers will click on his 'other reviews' - and see what a waste of typescript he is.  Anyway - he's wrong.  He disagrees with me and that's my criterion!  Wink

I've had several 2 star reviews in a row in the US for Tollesbury Time Forever all of whom say they couldn't finish it. Reviews of any sort are great though - just see them as opinions rather than a critique of your work. It's all good fun really!
Offline davidwailing Reading
07 Apr 2013, 11:04 AM | Post: #6

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

Mads, welcome to the One Star Club! Plenty of us on KUF are proud to be members.

Looks like you've been the victim of a generic one-starrer. The sort of review that doesn't make any specific references to the book in question, and could apply to anything. These are the most annoying type because they've clearly been written because of sheer spite, rather than letting people know what he/she thought of your book. Ignore, wear your One-Star Club badge with pride, and move on!
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline cecilia_writer Reading Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox
07 Apr 2013, 11:12 AM | Post: #7

That Singular Anomaly the Lady Novelist

Thanked 232 times

What I Read

I think my 'favourite' one-star review was the one (I may have mentioned it before here) that said 'Please don't write any more.'
This made me laugh but I've also had reviews that have taken a while to get over - but I think being able to get over them is something you just have to do - bad reviews are an occupational hazard for anyone who puts something creative out there.
Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
07 Apr 2013, 11:39 AM | Post: #8

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

Who wouldn't trust somebody whose aspirations involve owning a tumble drier catch?
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Stu Ayris Reading All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
07 Apr 2013, 11:57 AM | Post: #9

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 82 times

What I Read

(07 Apr 2013 11:39 AM)Rosen Trevithick Wrote: Wrote:  Who wouldn't trust somebody whose aspirations involve owning a tumble drier catch?

I think that's quite an endearing trait! ; )
Offline Dorte Hummelshoj Reading Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton
07 Apr 2013, 12:03 PM | Post: #10

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 78 times

What I Read

Exactly what I thought, Rosen.

And the trend seems to be more five-star reviews and more one-star reviews. Amateur reviewers always love or hate a book, even though most books probably have good and bad sides.
Writer of traditional crime fiction. My blog

[Image: 51qhtZaEtGL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51DtkUTwjUL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61%2B462czKNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 614sqAeapVL._SL95.jpg][Image: 510FBkJujnL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51Tpv4zQPNL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51A8eLRZfeL._SL95.jpg][Image: 61aoEY2n0ML._SL95.jpg]
Gem
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Gem[/font]

Currently Reading:A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Pretty much anything, apart from RomanceFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Biography, Chick Lit, HistoryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Hell, yes! Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Fantasy, crime, thriller, horror, a touch of sci-fiFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy Last Book I Read:A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield Favourite Genres:Literary FictionFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Murder by the Glass by Lynda Wilcox Last Book I Read:Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by MC Beaton Favourite Genres:Murder mystery; historicalFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Comedy; Crime, thrillers and mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Blood Harvest by S.J. Bolton Last Book I Read:Did Anyone Die by Stella Stafford Favourite Genres:Crime fiction (police procedural, private sleuth, cosies)Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations