Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Mirrors (London Town #1)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Offline Damien J. Nash Reading Flux by Mark. R. Faulkner
22 Mar 2013, 06:10 PM | Post: #1

Author

Thanked 38 times

What I Read

Mirrors (London Town #1)

This post was last modified: 27 Mar 2013 07:42 PM by Damien J. Nash.
As promised, the first short story in my London Town series is coming to a KUF near you this Easter weekend. It will be free, and only available (sort of) from a link I will post in this thread. You'll be free to share the link with whomever and wherever you choose, I'm just not putting it up on Amazon, Kobo etc.

I am still to work out the visual branding, but I needed a cover, so I opted for a cheap (£20) premade cover. I think it looks absolutely awesome!

The blurb will come later on in the next few days, and the book itself will be released at some point next weekend.

I have to say, I'm quite excited.

ETA: Blurb version 1:

What would today be like without all the science and technology that runs every aspect of our lives? Jackson Rockstone knows. He has created a window through the barriers between realities alternate to our own. From his laboratory he observes a thousand Londons, all different, all unique. His favourite London has no electricity, no cars or commuters, but it does have him. He’s not a scientist in this other London, but a murderer, the master of a criminal underworld. He can only watch, sharing his double’s life as if it were the ultimate reality show. That is, until the betrayal of a woman catapults him into his new city. Scared and alone in a strange yet familiar world, what choice does he have except to find the only man he knows?

Author

Thanked 389 times

What I Read

RE: MIRRORS: Coming exclusively to KUF this Easter weekend

Great cover! Good luck, Damien, looking forward to reading it
New for May 2017

[Image: 51QQl4j3AWL._SL95.jpg]

The Church of Broken Pieces

Offline Mads Sorensen Reading A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter
22 Mar 2013, 06:15 PM | Post: #3

Author

Thanked 175 times

What I Read

Great cover, Damien. One of the best I've seen, ikon as well as large scale. Hopefully the story'll match up.
[Image: 41rhkIGNKiL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51mqDt327EL._SL95.jpg]    [Image: 51c7sKtKbeL._SL95.jpg]
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
22 Mar 2013, 06:25 PM | Post: #4

Administrator

Thanked 84 times

What I Read

Excellent, really looking forward to reading it. If you want the link to be KUF members only, let me know before you post it.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
22 Mar 2013, 06:28 PM | Post: #5

Author

Thanked 38 times

What I Read

RE: MIRRORS (London Town #1) Coming exclusively to KUF this Easter weekend

Thanks guys, and thanks Lou. I'll have a think about that one Smile
I do think the cover is brilliant, and has all the elements of a good cover, but I don't necessarily think it will work out long term. I anticipate changing it once the website is launched. So, this one could become a "collectible" limited edition Tongue
Offline TechnoHippy Reading One book at a time
22 Mar 2013, 06:36 PM | Post: #6

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 381 times

What I Read

The cover works for me. I'll be looking out for it and happy to push it out as well if you want?
[Image: 51AbUjlZ-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51V1cDLzQ2L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51RN9BYSNjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51UMThYt5zL._SL95.jpg]
Offline davidwailing Reading
22 Mar 2013, 06:41 PM | Post: #7

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

I've been looking forward to London Town for a long time, so I shall certainly be nabbing this! I should warn you my expectations are high, Damien!
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
22 Mar 2013, 06:49 PM | Post: #8

Author

Thanked 38 times

What I Read

(22 Mar 2013 06:36 PM)TechnoHippy Wrote: Wrote:  The cover works for me. I'll be looking out for it and happy to push it out as well if you want?
Thanks, I'm still working out my marketing plan. The idea at the moment is to give something back to KUF members with a little bit of an exclusive, but I think any sort of word of mouth outside the forum is good. 

(22 Mar 2013 06:41 PM)davidwailing Wrote: Wrote:  I've been looking forward to London Town for a long time, so I shall certainly be nabbing this! I should warn you my expectations are high, Damien!
I hope I don't disappoint, David. It'll be interesting to see what people think of what's going on in my head Wink
Offline TechnoHippy Reading One book at a time
22 Mar 2013, 07:02 PM | Post: #9

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 381 times

What I Read

Just give me a shout if I can help in any way.
[Image: 51AbUjlZ-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51V1cDLzQ2L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51RN9BYSNjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51UMThYt5zL._SL95.jpg]
22 Mar 2013, 08:35 PM | Post: #10

Author

Thanked 38 times

What I Read

Will do, thanks again.

Currently Reading:Flux by Mark. R. Faulkner Last Book I Read:Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Favourite Genres:Indie books!
Currently Reading:The Third Rule (The Complete Story) by Andrew Barrett Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Pretty much anything, apart from RomanceFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:One book at a time Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations