Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Blinkin' internet connection!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline I ♥ my Kindle Reading Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein
16 Mar 2013, 02:16 PM | Post: #1

BookWorm

Thanked 22 times

What I Read

Blinkin' internet connection!

Have watched a fair few older films recently.
The Dirty Dozen was film of choice last night. The wind was howling outside, the rain lashing down. We were huddled in bed with the TV and leccy blanket on. About 40 minutes into the film and the bleedin' internet went off, weather related we presumed. Pff!!

Luckily we know from experience that the film will ask if we want to carry on from where we left off. So it'll be Dirty Dozen (part 2) tonight Smile
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
16 Mar 2013, 09:23 PM | Post: #2

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

RE: Blinkin' internet connection!

Yes, it's strange, but the weather can do some odd things to broadband. Someone told me it was water getting into the the exchange cabinets. Don't know if that's true.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Nick Wastnage Reading The Childhood of Jesus by JM Coetzee
17 Mar 2013, 04:04 PM | Post: #3

Crime writer and optimist

Thanked 16 times

What I Read

RE: Blinkin' internet connection!

(16 Mar 2013 09:23 PM)Lou Wrote: Wrote:  Yes, it's strange, but the weather can do some odd things to broadband. Someone told me it was water getting into the the exchange cabinets. Don't know if that's true.
Is that what it was? Wet leads! However, did once have squirrels nibble through the cables. We've got old-fashioned, overhead ones, and they climb up the poles and bite through the wires. Varmits!

Currently Reading:Sraship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein Last Book I Read:Devil's Advocate by Jonathan Maberry Favourite Genres:Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, True CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Childhood of Jesus by JM Coetzee Last Book I Read:The Narrow Road to The Deep North by Richard Flanagan Favourite Genres:Crime Thrillers