Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

How To : Install APKs and sideload Apps on your Kindle Fire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
15 Mar 2013, 01:30 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

How To : Install APKs and sideload Apps on your Kindle Fire

Sometimes Apps that you'd like to install just aren't available from the Amazon app store, but with a bit of ingenuity you can install any app you like, such as Google's Chrome Browser (providing it is compatible with the Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD) if you have the base APK file for it.

Before you install an APK file, you have to make a quick change in your Kindle Fire settings. This doesn't involve hacking your device or anything dubious, just a quick settings change.

Follow the steps below to allow installation of APK files.

Step 1.
Pull down the settings menu from the top of the Kindle Fire home screen.
[Image: kfapk1-20130315-132652.jpg]

Step 2.
Tap on the More icon to open settings
[Image: kfapk2-20130315-132818.jpg]

Step 3.
From the settings screen, select Device
[Image: kfapk3-20130315-132938.jpg]

Step 4.
Toggle the option called Allow Installation of Application to ON
[Image: kfapk4-20130315-133034.jpg]

That's it - you're finished and ready to install some APKs

To download and install APKs on your Kindle Fire

First, you need to download the APK from your Kindle Fire. You may receive a message warning you about installing unknown apps, but as long as you know the source is reliable, you can just ignore this.

When the file is downloading, you will see a number in the notification bar. Pull down the notifications menu from the top and when the download completes, click on the APK file from the list to begin installation.

You can find some useful Kindle Fire APKs right here on the forum : http://www.kuforum.co.uk...

Note: When downloading and installing APKs, be sure that you know where they have come from as like any other software, APK files could contain viruses. All APKs on this forum are obtained from reliable sources and are safe to use.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline mchirro
08 Jun 2013, 05:43 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: How To : Install APKs and sideload Apps on your Kindle Fire

I am running Dolphin 9.4.2 on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and it is working great.  

I would now like to add some Dolphin add-ons to the browser.  I have have the add-ons in apk files downloaded into the /download folder.

How do I install them?

Same as other apk files? -- just select/click -- or is there another method?
---
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
08 Jun 2013, 06:23 PM | Post: #3

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

If they are apk files, then yes, you should be able to just click to install each one
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline mchirro
08 Jun 2013, 06:47 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

(08 Jun 2013 06:23 PM)Lou Wrote: Wrote:  If they are apk files, then yes, you should be able to just click to install each one
Thank you for the very quick reply
---
Offline Patpeem
18 Jun 2013, 07:07 AM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

I have been trying to install downloaded APK files for some time but the Install button does nothing? I have set a low installation of application button to On
---
Offline Midge52
23 Jun 2013, 11:58 AM | Post: #6

Thanked 0 times

Sad RE: How To : Install APKs and sideload Apps on your Kindle Fire

Hi there

I have only just joined this forum today, I can click on replies to people, but how do I start my own query ??
---
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
23 Jun 2013, 12:01 PM | Post: #7

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

Choose a section that your query is relevant to, then click on "POST NEW THREAD".
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline jessicaevaluna
20 Dec 2013, 02:33 PM | Post: #8

Thanked 0 times

(15 Mar 2013 01:30 PM)Lou Wrote: Wrote:  Sometimes Apps that you'd like to install just aren't available from the Amazon app store, but with a bit of ingenuity you can install any app you like, such as Google's Chrome Browser (providing it is compatible with the Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD) if you have the base APK file for it.

Before you install an APK file, you have to make a quick change in your Kindle Fire settings. This doesn't involve hacking your device or anything dubious, just a quick settings change.

Follow the steps below to allow installation of APK files.

Step 1.
Pull down the settings menu from the top of the Kindle Fire home screen.
[Image: kfapk1-20130315-132652.jpg]

Step 2.
Tap on the More icon to open settings
[Image: kfapk2-20130315-132818.jpg]

Step 3.
From the settings screen, select Device
[Image: kfapk3-20130315-132938.jpg]

Step 4.
Toggle the option called Allow Installation of Application to ON
[Image: kfapk4-20130315-133034.jpg]

That's it - you're finished and ready to install some APKs

To download and install APKs on your Kindle Fire

First, you need to download the APK from your Kindle Fire. You may receive a message warning you about installing unknown apps, but as long as you know the source is reliable, you can just ignore this.

When the file is downloading, you will see a number in the notification bar. Pull down the notifications menu from the top and when the download completes, click on the APK file from the list to begin installation.

You can find some useful Kindle Fire APKs right here on the forum : http://www.kuforum.co.uk...

Note: When downloading and installing APKs, be sure that you know where they have come from as like any other software, APK files could contain viruses. All APKs on this forum are obtained from reliable sources and are safe to use.
Hi there when I try to download an app onto my kindle fire HD it doesnt allow me to do it and it says that I need to check I am in a supported country, please help, what does it means? It's driving me crazy. thanks
---
Offline anna89 Reading
30 Dec 2013, 11:24 PM | Post: #9

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

HI sorry only new to kindle.I have the fire HDX and within the device section there is no allow installation of aps section to turn on.someone help please :-)
---
Offline winmillp Reading Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay
19 Feb 2016, 04:10 PM | Post: #10

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I use "Blogger" to write my blog and I have just got a kindle fire.  I would like to be able to use my kindle to write my blog is that possible.?
Reading Kindle enjoying my kindle in sunny Spain

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read:twilight series Favourite Genres:romantic/chic lit/crime
Currently Reading:Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay Last Book I Read:Carressed by Ice. by Nalini Singh Favourite Genres:Historical and paranormal romance , Thrillers Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations