Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

First UK Kindle Fire / Kindle Fire HD Models Dispatched

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
24 Oct 2012, 09:08 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

First UK Kindle Fire / Kindle Fire HD Models Dispatched

Amazon.co.uk has begun shipping the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD to UK customers and we should see the first batch landing on people's doorsteps tomorrow morning.

[Image: O2-slate-02-tn._V389701821_.jpg]

In preparation for the launch, Amazon have added support documents and troubleshooting guides to their website, but there seems to be no sign of an Apps for Android section in the actual store so far. Hopefully this will launch in time for the first models tomorrow.

As of yet, there has been no official confirmation of UK support for first generation Kindle Fires, and to date there has been no option to access UK content from imported Kindle Fire HD models although an email from Amazon indicates that this is expected to be included in a software update.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline DavidStockport
25 Oct 2012, 12:11 PM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

RE: First UK Kindle Fire / Kindle Fire HD Models Dispatched

Hi I have just receied my Fire today on the day that was stated on my order
Its brill very clear so easy to set up and start using.
---
Offline hayleylsl Reading When we die- Cedric Mims
25 Oct 2012, 07:05 PM | Post: #3

Avid reader

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

Got mine this morning- very impressed with it so far. Good build quality and the sound is excellent- screen great too.

:-)

And the case i got for it a while back fits perfectly- got it for a bargain on eBay from a Hong Kong based seller :-)
Offline Damien J. Nash Reading Flux by Mark. R. Faulkner
25 Oct 2012, 07:25 PM | Post: #4

Author

Thanked 38 times

What I Read

They have them in Tesco's today (well the non HD Fire at least) and it's my first look at one in person. It looks quite nice, rather "angled" though. They don't have the Paperwhite yet, just a sticker on the stand saying "Coming Soon".

For those thinking of getting a Fire, its a convenient place to go and play with one.
Offline onion25
25 Oct 2012, 08:14 PM | Post: #5

Thanked 0 times

I called into Comet and had a look at the fire hd, got to say I hope they let the 1st gen model have full access to the UK market I prefer the look and feel and functionality of the 1st gen. Will give it a couple of weeks then install ice cream sandwich on mine,only waiting on Amazons childishness they got my money for the product it was just dollars instead of pounds.
If they dont support the fire they will get no more of my money there are other places to get apps and books,so in my eyes they lose,and if it breaks there is plenty of competition out there in the 7inch tablet market now and more to come.
---
Offline carryonvending Reading An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris
25 Oct 2012, 08:41 PM | Post: #6

The Right Honourable PunMeister

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

(25 Oct 2012 08:14 PM)onion25 Wrote:  I called into Comet and had a look at the fire hd, got to say I hope they let the 1st gen model have full access to the UK market I prefer the look and feel and functionality of the 1st gen. Will give it a couple of weeks then install ice cream sandwich on mine,only waiting on Amazons childishness they got my money for the product it was just dollars instead of pounds.
If they dont support the fire they will get no more of my money there are other places to get apps and books,so in my eyes they lose,and if it breaks there is plenty of competition out there in the 7inch tablet market now and more to come.
When I read your post, all I thought was.....
[Image: esrdb8.jpg]
Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
You can tell the sex of an ant by dropping it into a jug of water.
If it sinks: girl ant
If it floats: boy ant
Offline onion25
25 Oct 2012, 08:49 PM | Post: #7

Thanked 0 times

No I offered a considered opinion rather than a cheap quip,thought this was a serious discussion not a sniping session.

Have a banana with your cereal,it helps things to pass.
---

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:When we die- Cedric Mims Last Book I Read:Wednesdays Child- Shane Dunphy Favourite Genres:AutobiographyFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Flux by Mark. R. Faulkner Last Book I Read:Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Favourite Genres:Indie books!
Currently Reading:An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris Last Book I Read:Heart Of Darkness - Joseph Conrad Favourite Genres:Thrillers & SciFi