Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

UK Kindle - will it work in South Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Jolt123
23 Oct 2012, 03:27 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

UK Kindle - will it work in South Korea

Hello, this is my first post, so I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm struggling to find an answer.
My son has gone working in South Korea for a year, and I was thinking for Christmas I would like to buy a Kindle, put some of his favorite authors on there and then send it to him with a few books on it.

I really do have no idea, so if you could offer any advice I'd be grateful.
Does anyone know if the Kindle would work there firstly? South Korea didnt seem to be listed on a list I found in this forum. I know his phone from home wouldnt work, and he has had to get a phone contract and new phone out there.

Also if it works, would he still be able to purchase books himself and upload them? Because of the phone issue, would it need to be WIFI rather than 3G?

Any help would be welcome, thank you Blush
---
Offline carryonvending Reading An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris
23 Oct 2012, 03:54 PM | Post: #2

The Right Honourable PunMeister

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

RE: UK Kindle - will it work in South Korea

This post was last modified: 23 Oct 2012 03:55 PM by carryonvending.
(23 Oct 2012 03:27 PM)Jolt123 Wrote:  Hello, this is my first post, so I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm struggling to find an answer.
My son has gone working in South Korea for a year, and I was thinking for Christmas I would like to buy a Kindle, put some of his favorite authors on there and then send it to him with a few books on it.

I really do have no idea, so if you could offer any advice I'd be grateful.
Does anyone know if the Kindle would work there firstly? South Korea didnt seem to be listed on a list I found in this forum. I know his phone from home wouldnt work, and he has had to get a phone contract and new phone out there.

Also if it works, would he still be able to purchase books himself and upload them? Because of the phone issue, would it need to be WIFI rather than 3G?

Any help would be welcome, thank you Blush
LOU is the boffin, but Kindle Book South Korean Travel Guides are on sale, so I would suspect that any WiFi point would be able to download books bought by you via WHISPERSYNC.
Plus South Korea is almost USA (lol) - Very technology savvy
You can tell the sex of an ant by dropping it into a jug of water.
If it sinks: girl ant
If it floats: boy ant
Offline carryonvending Reading An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris
23 Oct 2012, 03:59 PM | Post: #3

The Right Honourable PunMeister

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

Yes it will work.... I Googled it

KINDLE IN KOREA
You can tell the sex of an ant by dropping it into a jug of water.
If it sinks: girl ant
If it floats: boy ant
Offline Jolt123
23 Oct 2012, 07:25 PM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

(23 Oct 2012 03:59 PM)carryonvending Wrote:  Yes it will work.... I Googled it

KINDLE IN KOREA

thanks very much for that link, very helpful.
---

Currently Reading:An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris Last Book I Read:Heart Of Darkness - Joseph Conrad Favourite Genres:Thrillers & SciFi