Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

New Rules for PR Posting : Authors Please Read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
26 Sep 2012, 01:09 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

New Rules for PR Posting : Authors Please Read

Dear Authors,

After a discussion between the moderation team, we have concluded that some steps need to be taken to ensure that the forum continues to be a place where kindle owners, readers and authors all feel at home.

As I am sure you are aware, we are one of the most liberal forums in terms of freedom for authors to post promotional material, but as of late, the sheer volume of PR material being posted has reached a saturation point that has become detrimental to non-authors.

As I am sure you will agree, a forum that is too unbalanced is detrimental for everyone concerned. PR which falls on deaf ears is of no use to anyone.

To try to help with redressing the balance, we are now imposing some limitations on the volume of PR authors are allowed to post each day. Below are the new rules for PR posting. We have tried to make these rules as easy to understand as possible but if you are uncertain about anything, please post your questions in the Ask A Moderator forum

These restrictions may be lifted once the forum has regained balance, with authors who are more active outside of simply PR posts given additional freedom.

Direct PR Rules

Authors may do the following ONCE per 24 hour period
  • Post one new thread in the PR section under an appropriate genre category. The one thread per book rule also applies, so if you already have a thread, either bump* the old thread or delete it and start a new one. OR bump* one of their existing PR threads OR post one review thread (which may contain more than one review) in the Reviews from other sources forum.
  • If an author has books which are free on a particular day, they may also create one post in the free ebooks forum. This post may contain details of more than one book.

Indirect PR

Aside from PR, authors are allowed to post to their Chat with the Authors thread as often as they like as long as it is constructive and not something that should be considered direct PR.

Failure to observe these rules will result in the deletion of offending posts plus a possible time based ban on your account for repeat offences. Also note that we do not allow members to register multiple accounts and any form of sock-puppetry is also forbidden. Our moderators are a clever bunch and can spot things like this a mile off, so please act fairly and everyone will be happy.

* Definition of bumping. Posting to a thread with the sole intention of elevating it to the new posts listing. If you are replying to a question or comment by another member, then you are permitted to post a direct reply without this being considered bumping therefore the once-per-day rule need not apply.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

The KUF moderation team.

Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Rosen Trevithick Reading
26 Sep 2012, 01:47 PM | Post: #2

Totally Splendid Hotshot Author

Thanked 278 times

What I Read

RE: New Rules for PR Posting : Authors Please Read

This post was last modified: 26 Sep 2012 01:47 PM by Rosen Trevithick.
Read and understood. Will be a good girl from now on, and not over-promote my new book, Really Good Book (which is available to download for $9.99, has been reviewed by God, and smells like newborn virgins). Not even surreptitiously.
[Image: 51we%2BNvX2aL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51dlN%2BeBifL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51Y3bTpE8eL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51gmgMPfnBL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51qdNKyGE9L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 61TE0dQyxjL._SL95.jpg]   [Image: 51Fbvd7KyWL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51YepJnT-dL._SL95.jpg]
Offline TechnoHippy Reading One book at a time
26 Sep 2012, 02:11 PM | Post: #3

Fountain of Wisdom

Thanked 381 times

What I Read

Ok, I don't think I'm breaching this currently, but feel free to spank me if I do :-)
[Image: 51AbUjlZ-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51V1cDLzQ2L._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51RN9BYSNjL._SL95.jpg] [Image: 51UMThYt5zL._SL95.jpg]
Offline LindaGruchy Reading The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord
26 Sep 2012, 02:29 PM | Post: #4

Queen of the Typos

Thanked 41 times

What I Read

Oooh, Technohippy, doesn't that belong in the Erotica Forum?
Offline Ray Kingfisher Reading No, Writing.
26 Sep 2012, 03:11 PM | Post: #5

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 120 times

What I Read

Lou,
As a newbie here I support this move.
After a few weeks I've got the impression this is more of an author's networking site more than kindle users site. I don't see many posts from non-authors.

Of course, the paradox is that if the kindle users (as opposed to authors) don't use this site, then what's the point in authors posting? But the more users use this site, the more use it is for authors to post.

Or something like that.

Anyway, noted.
[Image: 51y5K6eT-IL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 41Sbp8zGoPL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51-U1w3xnrL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51N1yXKzonL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 512YvYLa3-L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51LT3qz-%2BzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51ka%2BBWFFYL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51leGk78ZOL._SL95.jpg]

www.raykingfisher.com
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
26 Sep 2012, 04:09 PM | Post: #6

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

Well said Ray.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline davidwailing Reading
26 Sep 2012, 04:10 PM | Post: #7

Auto

Thanked 463 times

What I Read

I also agree this is a good move. Things have got a little unbalanced. Us authors are a noisy bunch!
[Image: 415cTOxGWML._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51wNbPbpr3L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 51im-cXHh%2BL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 5197SvSCQ5L._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 519lLbh1VzL._SL95.jpg]  [Image: 613-pfr3HsL._SL95.jpg]

Author blog: www.davidwailing.com   
Editorial services: www.storywork.co.uk
Offline lyndawrites Reading The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars
26 Sep 2012, 04:57 PM | Post: #8

Comma Abuser

Thanked 136 times

What I Read

Oh, I do hope I'm not an offender. I don't think I am - I hate promoting myself and only have 3 books (2 of the children's) so I don't promote often.

It is a shame when some authors do nothing other than promote their work and then disappear in to the wide blue yonder, not to be seen again until the next time. Some don't even take part in the Author's forum - other than to mention their book or their blog - so I'm glad that the Moderators here have decided to do this.
[Image: 51WAa-2HmoL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51OHQsDRHwL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51fpdh2GGlL._SL95.jpg][Image: 51hPHc37EWL._SL95.jpg]
Offline LindaGruchy Reading The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord
26 Sep 2012, 05:00 PM | Post: #9

Queen of the Typos

Thanked 41 times

What I Read

My guess is that the main "offenders" won't even notice this thread.

They probably wouldn't even notice if their posts had vanished.
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
26 Sep 2012, 05:11 PM | Post: #10

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

David, yes, you are a noisy bouncy one Tongue
Lynda, you are a model author forumite Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Linda, you are probably correct.

I'm ready with my delete button and there's nobody to delete. They are spoiling my fun Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hedgehogs rock.

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Comedy; Crime, thrillers and mysteryFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:One book at a time Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Chandelier Ballroom by Elizabeth Lord Last Book I Read:Fake Kate Favourite Genres:crime. women's fiction
Currently Reading:No, Writing. Last Book I Read:Celluloid - Holly Curtis Favourite Genres:comedy, heavy emotional drama.Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading: Last Book I Read: Favourite Genres:Contemporary fiction, humour, mystery, thriller, SFFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Twopenny-Hat Detective by Brian Sellars Last Book I Read:Reunited in Death by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Mystery
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations