Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Keyboard Software Update 3.4 Released : New Features

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
11 Sep 2012, 10:46 PM | Post: #1

Administrator

Thanked 86 times

What I Read

Kindle Keyboard Software Update 3.4 Released : New Features

[Image: UK-PT04._V186831398_.jpg]Amazon.co.uk have just released the latest software update 3.4 for the Kindle Keyboard which brings several new enhancements as well as support for Kindle Format 8. The format 8 support adds features like custom fonts and a small degree of interactivity for certain books.

The update can be downloaded direct from Amazon.co.uk here : http://www.amazon.co.uk...

Please note that you must update to 3.3 first (if you are not already running it) before updating to 3.4. Details instructions for checking your current version are posted on the Amazon page.
  • Improved Font: We've improved the reading font to have more contrast and be more crisp.
  • Parental Controls: With the latest software update for Kindle Keyboard, parents can restrict access to the Experimental Web Browser, the Kindle Store, and Archived Items. While the Kindle Store and Archived Items are locked with Parental Controls, you can continue to buy books from a computer and send them to the Kindle wirelessly for a child to read.
  • Kindle Format 8: KF8 makes books look even better with support for author specified fonts and more book styling options.
  • Comic Books: Kindle Keyboard now supports comic books with Kindle Panel View. Supported titles can be purchased from the Kindle Store. Books open in Kindle Panel View by default (a view that allows you to read a comic book panel by panel).
  • Children's Picture Books: Kindle Keyboard supports children's picture books with Kindle Text Pop-Up. Supported titles can be purchased from the Kindle Store.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline M81162 Reading My ToDo list
12 Sep 2012, 06:33 AM | Post: #2

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Keyboard Software Update 3.4 Released : New Features

Nothing for Kindle 2 thenHuh
Martin
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
12 Sep 2012, 10:05 AM | Post: #3

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

Thanks Lou, have downloaded the update. Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline spindizzy
12 Sep 2012, 10:21 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

Bother, I'd just installed the screensaver hack .... they must have been waiting!
Offline joo Reading Off The KUF Vol I
12 Sep 2012, 12:03 PM | Post: #5

Hedgehog

Thanked 228 times

What I Read

I didn't expect they'd do any updates for this model ever again.
Hedgehogs rock.
Offline sujay Reading The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard
12 Sep 2012, 01:58 PM | Post: #6

Super Moderator

Thanked 163 times

What I Read

I have installed it, but can't see a lot of difference at the minute. Mind you I don't use some of the features, I think I am a bit too old for parental control and reading children's books now! Smile
Only happy when I am immersed in a good Kindle book Thumbs Up
Offline Phil Reading The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
12 Sep 2012, 04:14 PM | Post: #7

Master of Verbosity

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

so no X-Ray then Whistle
Offline Jonathan Hill
12 Sep 2012, 06:58 PM | Post: #8

Author

Thanked 401 times

What I Read

My update makes my Kindle have a white background like paper and this integrated light has appeared too...
[Image: 51w2OgUyUJL._SL95.jpg]

A Surprise for Maureen - out now!

Offline Notoriety Reading Five Days in May by Andrew Adonis
13 Sep 2012, 11:02 AM | Post: #9

Posting Freak

Thanked 2 times

What I Read

Thanks for the heads up, Lou. Not at all expected. Does it download automatically to the KK3 via wifi as previous updates did?

Tony
Arab proverb: Only a fool lends his books and only a fool returns them.
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
13 Sep 2012, 12:59 PM | Post: #10

Administrator

Thanked 86 times

What I Read

I don't think it's an auto update yet - it sometimes takes them a while to push it through automatically. Can't tell now as I did mine manually.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:My ToDo list Last Book I Read:The Dark Tower VII: Favourite Genres:Sci-Fi
Currently Reading:The Glass Guardian by Linda Gillard Last Book I Read:To the Grave by Steve Robinson Favourite Genres:I don't mind, as long as it's good!Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Off The KUF Vol I Last Book I Read:The Four Seasons Quest by Cecilia Peartree Favourite Genres:Good books :DFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson Last Book I Read:The Great Train Robber by Chris Darnell Favourite Genres:Thrillers / CrimeFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Five Days in May by Andrew Adonis Last Book I Read:The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes Favourite Genres:Classics, politics, foreign language, "lit fic", funFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations