Welcome, Guest! Why not create a free forum account today and join in with the world's friendliest bunch of Kindle enthusiasts

Kindle Fire HD - Spain or the UK?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Offline Jonathan
09 Sep 2012, 10:08 PM | Post: #1

Thanked 0 times

Kindle Fire HD - Spain or the UK?

Hello! I'm British and registered on Amazon.co.uk, but I live in Spain and have decided to order a Kindle Fire HD. But I don't know where from. Will there be any difference at all for the user between buying one from the UK or buying one from Spain, when it becomes available? In other words, if I buy from the UK (because I like my interfaces in English, and I'm the sentimental type), will I be able to use it in Spain just as a Spanish user would use their Spanish Kindle Fire? Thanks in advance for any comments.
---
Offline Lou Reading Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan
10 Sep 2012, 12:40 AM | Post: #2

Administrator

Thanked 85 times

What I Read

RE: Kindle Fire HD - Spain or the UK?

It will just come down to which account you register it to - your UK one, or Spanish one. The actual hardware device will be exactly the same no matter which you order it from. You can always switch accounts through the settings screen if you change your mind.
Barnacle Boy! We have to find those stolen Naggy Daddies!
Offline Jonathan
10 Sep 2012, 05:03 AM | Post: #3

Thanked 0 times

(10 Sep 2012 12:40 AM)Lou Wrote:  It will just come down to which account you register it to - your UK one, or Spanish one. The actual hardware device will be exactly the same no matter which you order it from. You can always switch accounts through the settings screen if you change your mind.

That couldn't be clearer! Thanks so much.
---
Offline winmillp Reading Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay
10 Sep 2012, 07:24 AM | Post: #4

Thanked 0 times

What I Read

I live in Spain to . I use a kindle 4 wi fi. Registered and bought from amazon.es . It only took 2 days to arrive and every thing on it is in English. The only limitation is where your credit card is from. I can't buy from uk site because I only have Spanish card. 99% of the books are the same price.
Reading Kindle enjoying my kindle in sunny Spain
Offline carryonvending Reading An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris
10 Sep 2012, 12:26 PM | Post: #5

The Right Honourable PunMeister

Thanked 9 times

What I Read

This post was last modified: 10 Sep 2012 12:29 PM by carryonvending.
My mate Susann just ordered her KF HD from Amazon.es. Paid 167.45€ - Jammy Sod
VAT is only 7% In the Canary Islands

Choose Your Language

You can set your language to French, English, German, Spanish, Italian - including home and menu displays and dictionary support.
You can tell the sex of an ant by dropping it into a jug of water.
If it sinks: girl ant
If it floats: boy ant

Currently Reading:Ryria Series by Michael J Sullivan Last Book I Read:King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence Favourite Genres:Fantasy / Sci-fi / HorrorFavourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay Last Book I Read:Carressed by Ice. by Nalini Singh Favourite Genres:Historical and paranormal romance , Thrillers Favourite eBooks:
See my recommendations
Currently Reading:An Officer & a Spy - Robert Harris Last Book I Read:Heart Of Darkness - Joseph Conrad Favourite Genres:Thrillers & SciFi