Please Read These Forum Rules
- Please don't post abuse or spam
- Please don't be rude or abusive to other forum members
- Please don't post or link to copyrighted material
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, and the like
- Being annoying and flouting the rules willl result in a temporary or permanent ban.
- Have fun and make this a great place for everyone
- If you set up a signature for your profile, please do so sensibly and don't use a whacking great big font, a url 100 characters long or an avatar that looks like a giant flashing neon sign as not only does it look awful, but it makes the pages expand outside the window on mobile devices.
- Private Messages are NOT intended to be a way to advertise or promote books or other goods. Sending bulk messages like this is not allowed and will be classed as spamming.
Author PR Rules
NEW PR Posting Rules for Authors : Read This Before Posting
Authors may do the following ONCE per 24 hour period
- Post one new thread in the PR section under an appropriate genre category. The one thread per book rule also applies, so if you already have a thread, either bump* the old thread or delete it and start a new one. OR bump* one of their existing PR threads OR post one review thread (which may contain more than one review) in the Reviews from other sources forum.
- If an author has books which are free on a particular day, they may also create one post in the free ebooks forum. This post may contain details of more than one book.
Aside from PR, authors are allowed to post to their Chat with the Authors thread as often as they like as long as it is constructive and not something that should be considered direct PR.
Failure to observe these rules will result in the deletion of offending posts plus a possible time based ban on your account for repeat offences. Also note that we do not allow members to register multiple accounts and any form of sock-puppetry is also forbidden. Our moderators are a clever bunch and can spot things like this a mile off, so please act fairly and everyone will be happy.
* Definition of bumping. Posting to a thread with the sole intention of elevating it to the new posts listing. If you are replying to a question or comment by another member, then you are permitted to post a direct reply without this being considered bumping therefore the once-per-day rule need not apply.
Also, please remember to drop reference tags around the text any time you mention an author or book title (unless of course you are using them as regular links) See here for details.
Finally, if you want to use a URL shortener in your posts, it is recommended that you use 32go as this is a safer way to shorten links for other users.