UK Kindle Users Forum
Discrete on what you're writing - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Writing, Publishing and Marketing eBooks (/forum-94.html)
+--- Thread: Discrete on what you're writing (/thread-7599.html)

Discrete on what you're writing - Ebooksgp - 30 Mar 2012 02:19 PM

Hi everyone,

Do any of you guys feel reserved when writing your next book? I.e. when people ask – ‘So, what are you writing this time?’

I respond with – ‘You’ll see!’ or ‘Not saying.’

I just feel private about it until I have the final product. Does anyone else do the same? or is it just me? Screwloose

Thanks

Gareth

RE: Discrete on what you're writing - Stu Ayris - 30 Mar 2012 02:44 PM

I'm in the process of writing my third novel and whilst I'm more than happy to say how it's going I'm also aware that the finished product may be markedly different to what I currently envision it to be - and that's with nearly 30,000 words done!

RE: Discrete on what you're writing - cecilia_writer - 30 Mar 2012 03:14 PM

I don't usually tell people much as I am often not sure what direction the novel will take and, as in the case of too much outlining, I feel I might jinx the whole thing by committing myself.
The only person I really discuss any of my progress with is my younger son who also writes. He hardly ever comments, just listens with a sympathetic look on his face!

RE: Discrete on what you're writing - LindaGruchy - 30 Mar 2012 05:23 PM

I'll tell people what my wip is but only vaguely. I'm beyond the besotted stage. I sometimes ask some trusted writing friends for their opinion, especially where I know something isn't working eg the start of Death in Flitbury Marshes. One friend is particularly good at grammar.

RE: Discrete on what you're writing - L K Jay - 28 Apr 2012 08:04 PM

(30 Mar 2012 02:44 PM)Stu Ayris Wrote:  I'm in the process of writing my third novel and whilst I'm more than happy to say how it's going I'm also aware that the finished product may be markedly different to what I currently envision it to be - and that's with nearly 30,000 words done!

I know what you mean, I've made significant changes or developments as they story has progressed although the theme usually stays the same, but I don't like to commit to saying exactly what the story is as it can change and I often haven't sorted it all out in my head either.