UK Kindle Users Forum
Displaying one's books in the signature - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Displaying one's books in the signature (/thread-7409.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Displaying one's books in the signature - Jennie Lee - 18 Mar 2012 03:21 AM

Would someone please help me with instructions on displaying books in my signature?

I've worked out how to do the title links but that's as far as I managed

Thanks Smile

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - Alan G. Brown - 18 Mar 2012 11:22 AM

Good question. You asked just before me.Smile

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - joo - 18 Mar 2012 09:45 PM

I will have to substitute some code otherwise it won't show the text but:

(url="webpage")(img)"image link"(/img)(/url)

So change the () to [] and don't use "" then when you click on the image, it will take you to the webpage.

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - Rosen Trevithick - 18 Mar 2012 09:57 PM

Be careful though - there is a character limit. You may need to use a url shortener like bit.ly

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - lyndawrites - 23 Mar 2012 08:48 AM

(18 Mar 2012 09:45 PM)joo Wrote:  I will have to substitute some code otherwise it won't show the text but:

(url="webpage")(img)"image link"(/img)(/url)

So change the () to [] and don't use "" then when you click on the image, it will take you to the webpage.

Sorry, Joo, but can we have an idiot's guide, please? I've printed off your instructions, used bitly as Rosen suggested, fiddled around for what seems like hours, and I still can't get it to work. Do I need to change all the curved brackets to square ones? And remove all instances of quotation marks? What do I put for image link if I've already put the website addy where you've put webpage?
Oooh! I feel such a moron.
Blush

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - joo - 23 Mar 2012 09:15 AM

Hopefully this should help:

[attachment=707]

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - Jennie Lee - 23 Mar 2012 11:05 AM

(23 Mar 2012 09:15 AM)joo Wrote:  Hopefully this should help:

It's beddy-byes time here in Melbourne so I will try this tomorrow, Joo.

Lynda, do you want a race to get it sorted? Ready, set ... zzzzzz

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - joo - 23 Mar 2012 12:13 PM

If you have a go and it's not quite working, let a mod know and they can go in and fix it for you.

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - lyndawrites - 23 Mar 2012 03:24 PM

My name is Lynda, and I'm a numpty.

Thanks for all your help, Joo, but I'm giving up and throwing in the towel. From your excellent instructions I can see, I think, what is needed, but the problem lies with the image. I do not have a url that links directly to my cover image, in and of itself. They all link to the pages to which I have uploaded it - with all the rest of the page's gubbins around it.

Good luck with your efforts, Moongolly.

RE: Displaying one's books in the signature - joo - 23 Mar 2012 05:16 PM

You can use the Amazon one as an image if you want.

If you like this below, I'll copy it to your signature

[Image: 51CVPwExLXL._AA115_.jpg]