UK Kindle Users Forum
I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: 3G and Wi-fi Problems (/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi (/thread-7375.html)

Pages: 1 2

I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Neville Bailey - 16 Mar 2012 06:42 AM

I have just received delivery of my new Kindle 4 and immediately tried to connect it to my home WiFi router, but my Kindle does not want to connect.

Some background information:

When I switch my laptop onto wireless, it immediately picks up my router (Billion 400G Wireless-G ADSL), named wlan-ap.

My settings for wlan-ap are as follows:
  • Security Type: WPA-Personal
  • Encryption Type: TKIP
  • Network security key: xxxxxxxxxxxx (12 digits)

Then I need to click on "Broadband Connection" which requires me to enter a username and password that my ISP has provided for me.

Any suggestions as to what I need to do in order to connect my Kindle to my WiFi?

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - ElaineG - 16 Mar 2012 07:09 AM

This might be totally off the beaten track - but I always forget that my Sky Router password is in upper case letters.

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - carryonvending - 16 Mar 2012 07:51 AM

Ensure your WiFi settings on your Kindle are set to EUROPE STANDARDS

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Neville Bailey - 16 Mar 2012 08:23 AM

Where do I set the settings to Europe Standards on the Kindle?

I did notice that my router settings were set to North America and I have changed it to Europe, but I still cannot connect.

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Sdrogerson - 19 Mar 2012 01:29 PM

I find my Kindle often fails to find a WiFi connection until the router is rebooted. Just a suggestion

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - l_macd - 19 Mar 2012 09:07 PM

You can connect your laptop to your internet connection using Wi-Fi, is that right? If so, your Wi-Fi is working ok and all you need to do is get your Kindle to connect to it?

Does your Kindle find that there is a network connection available? If yes, do you insert your network security key when it asks for the password?

If you've not already done so, take a look at the Connect your Kindle to Wi-Fi help pages on Amazon.

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Neville Bailey - 19 Mar 2012 09:31 PM

My answer to all four of your questions is Yes.

I have no problem connecting to public WiFi hotspots, so there is nothing wrong with my Kindle.

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Sdrogerson - 19 Mar 2012 10:17 PM

(19 Mar 2012 09:31 PM)Neville Bailey Wrote:  My answer to all four of your questions is Yes.

I have no problem connecting to public WiFi hotspots, so there is nothing wrong with my Kindle.

I have the same problem a router reboot each allows connection

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - l_macd - 21 Mar 2012 08:09 PM

In that case I guess the next step would be to try Kindle support at Amazon to see if they can help?

RE: I can't connect my new Kindle 4 to my home WiFi - Neville Bailey - 21 Mar 2012 08:16 PM

All's well that ends well!

I replaced my Billion router with a Netgear router and now my Kindle is connected!