UK Kindle Users Forum
Lending from a local Library - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Kindle Paperwhite (/forum-149.html)
+--- Thread: Lending from a local Library (/thread-27533.html)

Lending from a local Library - yddraig_coch - 13 Feb 2020 01:11 PM

[font="PT Sans Narrow", sans-serif]Hi all, I am a relatively new user to the kindle paperwhite, and really enjoying it. But I'm hoping to get some help from fellow users. I would like to get library books on my kindle from my local library, and they suggested, Borrowbox, and Overdrive, I have found that borrowbox can't be downloaded on my kindle, and  my library isn't on overdrive, and I can't get overdrive on my kindle, so I am at a loss. And wondered if anyone had found a way of doing this. [/font]

[font="PT Sans Narrow", sans-serif]Any help is appreciated [/font]

[font="PT Sans Narrow", sans-serif]Larry[/font]

RE: Lending from a local Library - leigh - 22 Apr 2020 02:18 PM

Hi,
There is a way to borrow from your library, but you can't do it on your Kindle.
You need to download the borrow box software and Digital Editions onto a computer.
Once downloaded to Digital Editions it then has to be converted into a kindle format.
I import from Digital Editions into Calibre and upload onto my Kindle.

It is a bit long winded to start, but once you've done it a couple of times, it only takes a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps?

RE: Lending from a local Library - JonathanMcCann - 15 Jun 2021 11:38 AM

UK local library is lending books for the changes for all people. The students are happy for the lending of the books from the library for the use of the essaywritinglab review for all tips. The students are getting attached with the library for all shows and jumps for the reading material.