UK Kindle Users Forum
Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: Computers and other devices (/forum-46.html)
+---- Forum: Software, Games and Apps (/forum-48.html)
+---- Thread: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) (/thread-256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - joo - 05 May 2011 09:24 PM

International Track and Field on the playstation. The earlier ones were better as there was more skill to it. We'd have championships with the BIL and SIL. BIL was always good, so we'd love beating him at an event.
When we got a safe shot / jump, we'd say "banker" as in there's one in the bank, now we can go for it. The one day the young niece was watching and that was her new word. She didn't quite get the "b" right ConfusedBig Grin We were in trouble with her parents Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

We also loved micromachines on the Megadrive

Our new favourite game is Buzz http://www.buzzthegame.com
I have practically all of the versions. We'd even got into the online against random people, but that's stopped now due to the Playstation Network hacking.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Stephen Livingston - 20 May 2011 06:13 PM

Civilization is an amazing game. We are now at Civilization V.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - daveb - 20 May 2011 07:06 PM

Prince of Persia (original version) ....... 1st PC (around late 1987 IIRC) Early x386 model with 2Mb RAM & 40Mb HD ....... blimey did I debate over that extra 1Mb RAM when the ones in the office were 286's with 1 Mb RAM and were 'business cutting edge' ...... and how would I ever ever fill up a 40Mb HD ?!?

Prince of Persia though ....... that's what computers were all about Groovy

Dave B.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - illusion - 09 Jun 2011 08:13 AM

I have so many favourite games; it's hard to just focus on a couple! Because I'm a broke student I mostly play free browser games like Skyrama, Sealords Online and ZooMumba...anyone else play? Big Grin

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - JM_UK - 14 Jul 2011 06:40 PM

I used to play PC games as we couldn't afford consoles, these are a few of my favourites:

Monkey Island 1-3
Broken Sword
Day of Tentacles
Bio Menace
Police Quest
Commander Keen - only recently remembered the name of this game, am gutted I can't play this anymore Tantrum

I used to go play at my cousin's house on his Super Nintendo, I remember playing:
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Zelda

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - rayvio - 17 Jul 2011 01:32 PM

I'm not much of a console gamer but I should have mentioned Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders
it combines real time strategy, RPG and action elements surprisingly well. I really wish they'd given it a PC release and marketed it better, but it did get a spin-off (Heroes), a more 'pure' RPG sequel (Circle of Doom) and is due another sequel which will finally hit (actually return to since it's itself a spinoff of a little-known PC RTS) the PC and will apparently offer both single player and massively multiplayer campaigns

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - ElaineG - 11 Jul 2012 03:16 PM

I dont really play console games, i prefer mmorpg ones but i haven't got one on the go at the moment - having a break because my regular one got too boring to be true. I don't want to chop down trees and build fires and cook or anything like that - I like mafia type ones where I can get a gun, buy bullets and shoot people.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - I ♥ my Kindle - 11 Jul 2012 05:11 PM

Baldurs gate 1 + 2 were pc favourites as was Planescape Torment.
Icewind Dale, Neverwinter. Always in Heaven with a top down dungeon crawler Smile

I love FF7. Red's story had me blubbing Big Grin Played 8 as well. Wasn't so fussed with 9 and lost interest halfway through. My Kids are up to date with them though Smile

Was a BIG rts fan. Original Warcraft, Command and Conquer. Dungeon Keeper has been completed many, many times. So many I don't remember them all Smile

Played the original Diablo and Diablo 2. Now have 3...

The game I spent most time playing has to be Unreal Tournament. It was the first game I played online and spent a couple of years being VERY into it.
I met my OH through UT, but we didn't get together until a couple of years after we stopped playing.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - 4SaleUSA - 10 Feb 2015 02:30 PM

[font=proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue Light', 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]So with the PS4 now announced, what has been your best PS3 game till now? I know there's still the Last of Us and GTA V to come, but it'd be interesting to know your favourite game since the PS3s introduction. Mine is MGS4.[/font]

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - George - 11 Feb 2015 10:14 AM

I'm probably showing my age but I spent hours play Manic Miner on my zx spectrum. Even with a cheat that gave me endless lives it was still a feat to complete all 20 levels.