UK Kindle Users Forum
Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: Computers and other devices (/forum-46.html)
+---- Forum: Software, Games and Apps (/forum-48.html)
+---- Thread: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) (/thread-256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - ianwoodhead - 30 Dec 2010 10:50 PM

I loved playing the shoot-em-ups on the arcades in the late 80's

R-type, Side Arms, Soldier of Light but my favourite will always be Slap Fight.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Mousie_Grr - 06 Jan 2011 01:04 AM

I used to play games quite a lot when I was younger, I find I play games much less these days despite being on a Games Programming course. It's nice to see some fellow Amiga users, it was my first computer and introduced me to my love of all things gadgety/computery.

Might have to organise my favourites by console as I seem to have a lot of them.

Amiga -> Superfrog
I also loved Zool, Lemmings, Fire & Ice, Noddy's Playtime, Playdays (I was rather little when we had the Amiga).

PS2 -> Tony Hawks Underground
I love all the Tony Hawks series but this one was my favourite, it's probably the only game I've sat and completed on the day I bought it.

PS3 -> Burnout Paradise
I love racing games, I used to love Burnout on PS2 aswell.

GameBoy/DS -> Pokemon! All the Pokemon games, you are never ever too old to enjoy Pokemon.

PC -> Guild Wars
I also like RTS (Command & Conquer, Dawn of War), Hidden Object Adventure ones from Big Fish Games and Point & Clicks like Broken Sword.
I'm really enjoying Team Fortress 2 as I play that with my course mates.

Lyssa

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Pieface - 08 Jan 2011 01:52 AM

Sega Saturn - Bomberman. Was young and was endless fun

Playstation - Can't remember many games I played on it

N64 - Zelda Ocarina of Time was the ultimate game. Followed by Goldeneye

Gameboy - Pokémon Red

PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 3

Xbox - Fable

PSP - Fifa Football

Nintendo DS - Super Mario DS

Xbox 360 - Skate

PS3 - Gran Turismo 5

PC - Fallout 3

They're the games I have most memory of playing on each console. Some consoles I can only remember a few games I played on them, or not even any at all. My favourite console ever made though was the N64.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Puddleduck - 26 Jan 2011 12:10 AM

I too loved Winter Olympics on the Commodore 64 and Vicmen on the VIC20.

Can't recall a particular favourite on the Amiga.

My favourite game of all time is Starcraft II well worth the long wait from the original.

Dragon Age - Origins is also great as is The Witcher.

My son has just bought Divinity II which I am trying it looks very promising.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Alex - 26 Jan 2011 12:12 AM

(26 Jan 2011 12:10 AM)Puddleduck Wrote:  
Dragon Age - Origins is also great as is The Witcher.

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age 2 - out in May I think Groovy

EDIT: Scrub that - it's out in March Big Grin Groovy Thumbs Up Clapping hands

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Daphne - 26 Jan 2011 09:06 AM

Rollercoaster Tycoon - I used to designs the parks, choose the rides and even watch the little guys having a good time at my parks eating hot-dogs and drinking coffee. The only trouble - whole evenings disappeared unaccountably.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - AndyBSG - 26 Jan 2011 10:12 AM

FFVII - Just ridiculously awesome for it's time

Football/Championship Manager - Nothing used to beat the feeling of dragging lowly Telford from the Conference to European champions!

Goldeneye - My first real FPS.

Mechwarrior 4 - I still fire this beast up once or twice a month now and really excited that Piranha games have bougfht the rights to produce the next game after a loooonnnggg break.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Evangeline - 26 Jan 2011 11:39 AM

When we got our first computer I was obsessed with Miner 2049er. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miner_2049er And also Ghostbusters. http://www.childofthe1980s.com/2009/07/15/ghostbusters-the-8-bit-videogame/ Showing my age... Whistle

Now I only play the Sims 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3 I have owned every game/expansion pack/stuff pack they have ever made, from The Sims onwards. I love creating every detail of a sim's life and I really like building and furnishing their houses too.

Oh, and thanks to Felicia Day tweeting about it, I had an obsession with Plants Vs Zombies until I finished it. Brilliant! http://www.popcap.com/extras/pvz/ Clapping hands

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - andrej - 16 Feb 2011 04:34 PM

My favourite game is Need For Speed.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - rayvio - 05 May 2011 07:41 PM

I'd have to say my favourite games would be

Skool Daze (ZX Spectrum & Commodore 64) - was just insanely fun, running around shooting teachers with catapults, avoiding getting lines ("1000 lines, you are not a kangaroo!" for jumping) and apparently there was a goal of getting into the head masters safe but I didn't actually discover that until years later

Monkey Island (Amiga & PC) the first two games are classics, the third is so-so and the fourth... well I'd rather just pretend it doesn't exist, and is partly why I've still not gotten round to playing the Tales episodic games. But the first two? Hilarious, fun and challenging

Morrowind (PC) - easily one of the best RPGs ever made and so much better than it's disappointingly poor sequel Oblivion. a great game made even better by the fact that it came complete with a toolset which resulted in thousands of player made mods, many of which were very high quality

Dragon Age: Origins (PC) - another great RPG with a disappointing sequel, Origins is probably the most replayable game I've ever played. If a game can be fun and you can still discover new things even after having completed it multiple times already then it's safe to say you got your moneys worth and more

The Longest Journey (PC) - a great story with great characters and some nice puzzles, everything an adventure game should be. Also had a very good sequel in Dreamfall although that one did suffer a little from poorly implemented action sequences but was still a very good game