UK Kindle Users Forum
Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: Computers and other devices (/forum-46.html)
+---- Forum: Software, Games and Apps (/forum-48.html)
+---- Thread: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) (/thread-256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Kathy5hrs - 23 Sep 2010 12:32 PM

Oh well I shall show my age on this first one, Jet Set Willy for the commodore 64
It drove us nuts.

Don't think you can get it anymore.

For the Amiga, Captive. We played that for a long time, it just went on and on, don't think we ever got to the end.

Now we too joined Big Fish Games, and are into adventure/hidden object games.
Best games up to now Return to Mysterious Island 1 and 2 and Echoes of the Past and The Dark Tales adventures Thumbs Up

My husband still waxes lyrical over Jet Set Willy Heart and wishes someone would re-vamp it and re-release.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Lou - 23 Sep 2010 01:05 PM

You can play it online here :

http://www.darnkitty.com/jsw/

Also, there is a remake of JSW 2 for the PC

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dan_richardson_uk/JSWII.html

[Image: SNAP1sml.gif]

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - haydoni - 23 Sep 2010 03:55 PM

My favorite game is Vagrant Story on the PS1 (I think you can get it on PSN), it's made by the people who made Final Fantasy (speaking of which Final Fantasy 8 is up there - never played 7), the graphics (for their day), storyline and gameplay (it's very different to FF) are amazing!

I'm also a fan of Tony Hawk's pro skater 2/series on PS, and you've got to love Transport Tycoon Deluxe on the PC.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Lou - 23 Sep 2010 04:28 PM

Can't believe you played FF8 and not 7. Download it now !!!! Big Grin

BTW Faye Wong who sings the theme song for FF8 is one of my favourite singers.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - haydoni - 23 Sep 2010 07:54 PM

(23 Sep 2010 04:28 PM)Lou Wrote:  Can't believe you played FF8 and not 7. Download it now !!!! Big Grin
There's no way I'll start playing it 'til next year (suppose to be writing up thesis)... though I expect even next year my missus won't like it! But I'll try my luck Smile.
Have you played FF8 Lou?

I forgot: Soul Reaver, another ground-breaking game with a great story (puzzle solving and killing vampires).

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Alex - 23 Sep 2010 10:13 PM

(23 Sep 2010 07:54 PM)haydoni Wrote:  [quote='Lou' pid='1524' dateline='1285259317']

I forgot: Soul Reaver, another ground-breaking game with a great story (puzzle solving and killing vampires).

Yeah, Soul Reaver was a great game and I'd forgotten all about it too. I have my Masters dissertation to sort out in the next year, so you have my sympathies haydoni.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - peanutnut - 27 Oct 2010 06:19 PM

I loved simon the sorcerer on win 95 but my fave console game has to be pinball dreams on the cd32 Smile

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Lesley-Ann - 28 Oct 2010 08:52 AM

(23 Sep 2010 11:07 AM)Jaxom Wrote:  Recently I joined "Big Fish Games" and have spent way too much time playing various games. You can play all the games for an hour before deciding if you want to buy one. I seem to like puzzles and time management games best.

I have been a member of BigFish for a few years. I play a lot of Time Management games with some Card (solitaire based) and match three/puzzle games mixed in.

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Emma75 - 28 Dec 2010 09:45 AM

I used to love Dizzy (the adventuring egg) on the Sega game gear but today my fave games has to be the Call of Duty series on the Xbox360. Both me and my husband fight over who's turn it is. Right now it is his turn but I will get my way mwahahaha hehe lol

RE: Your favourite games (on any platform and of any era) - Talli Roland - 28 Dec 2010 11:43 AM

This is *so* going to date me, but back in the day I LOVED Frogger, PacMan and Donkey Kong. There was also a game for the Commodore 64 called Winter Olympics that I played for hours!