UK Kindle Users Forum
Kindle Paperwhite frozen - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Kindle Troubleshooting, Help and Support (/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Kindle Paperwhite Troubleshooting (/forum-159.html)
+---- Thread: Kindle Paperwhite frozen (/thread-19753.html)

Kindle Paperwhite frozen - barney37 - 17 Nov 2016 09:35 AM

My  Kindle Paperwhite  has frozen. It would not switch off. I let the battery run down and recharged it. but it remains frozen in with just the Kindle tree silouette of a tree image. I have tried holding the on/off button for 20 secs but it just flashes and returns to the same image. Can anyone help or advise. I got it new as a birthday present in May 2015.

RE: Kindle Paperwhite frozen - I ♥ my Kindle - 21 Nov 2016 01:33 PM

Try holding the button down for longer?

I've found that if a rechargeable battery, like the ones used in Kindles and Tablets, are totally drained they need a bit more than a usual charge to come alive again.
I would try again to turn it off and leave it longer than you think it needs for a charge.
Batteries also die.
I had to change my old Kindle battery. Usually plenty of tutorials on youtube showing how to do so.

RE: Kindle Paperwhite frozen - barney37 - 23 Nov 2016 06:53 AM

(21 Nov 2016 01:33 PM)I ♥ my Kindle Wrote: Wrote:  Try holding the button down for longer?

I've found that if a rechargeable battery, like the ones used in Kindles and Tablets, are totally drained they need a bit more than a usual charge to come alive again.
I would try again to turn it  off and leave it longer than you think it needs for a charge.
Batteries also die.
I had to change my old Kindle battery. Usually plenty of tutorials on youtube showing how to do so.
Thanks for your comments. I have left the battery dead for a day or more and then recharged it which it appears to do, but I still just get only screen with Kindle image with a tree. It will not go beyond that. Frozen