UK Kindle Users Forum
Thoughts on the amazon process please. - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on the amazon process please. (/thread-19212.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thoughts on the amazon process please. - SteeBee - 08 Feb 2016 09:45 PM

Hi everyone,
Well I have finally finished my book! (It began life as a novella but sort of 'expanded' a bit!) After a final read through & formatting I will be submitting it for publication. 
My question is this - my book is the first of an intended series so do I choose yes or no to the 'is your book part of a series' question. I know it sounds daft but I'm just not sure because it isn't - yet!
Also I'd like to read your general thoughts about the amazon publishing process.

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - LexiRevellian - 09 Feb 2016 01:43 PM

That's a good question. I'd guess yes, so readers will know there is more to come.

Amazon make self-publishing very easy. I'm a fan.

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - Tim_A - 09 Feb 2016 03:22 PM

My thoughts are, only mark it as part of a series once you have the next book ready to go. Otherwise, what if you never finish it?

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - Rosen Trevithick - 09 Feb 2016 03:56 PM

Is it a self-contained book or does it end on a cliff hanger?

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - SteeBee - 09 Feb 2016 10:08 PM

The book is self contained but the next one (I have already started working on the plot line) will reference it at the beginning.

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - SteeBee - 09 Feb 2016 10:10 PM

The blurb let's the reader know that the book is number one of (dunno yet). Although it is the first of an intended series it isn't part of a series until book two comes out!

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - MartinRoyHill - 10 Feb 2016 04:24 PM

I agree with Tim. My latest book, The Last Refuge, is a sequel to my book Empty Places, but I didn't call EP first in a series until I finished TLR.

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - SteeBee - 10 Feb 2016 05:53 PM

Another daft question. Please forgive my ignorance on such matters but I notice that many people have their books featured below their posts. How do I do that?

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - MartinRoyHill - 10 Feb 2016 06:06 PM

(10 Feb 2016 05:53 PM)SteeBee Wrote: Wrote:  Another daft question. Please forgive my ignorance on such matters but I notice that many people have their books featured below their posts. How do I do that?

You do it through you profile page. There's a button Add Books You've Written. But I believe your books needs to be on Amazon before you can use it.

RE: Thoughts on the amazon process please. - SteeBee - 16 Jul 2016 03:01 PM

Thank you all for your replies. Another dub question before I create an amazon account - I am using a pen name so can I use that instead of my real name? Would there be any issues when I input my bank details to get paid royalties if I use the pen name as opposed to my own?