UK Kindle Users Forum
Fake Kindle Users Forum - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: About This Website (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Fake Kindle Users Forum (/thread-18215.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - cecilia_writer - 20 Apr 2015 11:46 AM

It's a kind of identity theft, isn't it? It is unsettling altogether - apart, of course, from being terrible for the people who get picked on like this - because it makes you realise how vulnerable your online identity is to attack/undermining.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 20 Apr 2015 11:48 AM

They don't even have to steal your passwords!

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Andy Barrett - 20 Apr 2015 11:49 AM

Yes, all this is quite scary. If it happened to me I wouldn't have the first clue what to do, I'm so technologically retarded!

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 20 Apr 2015 11:51 AM

I'm not sure there is anything we can do. Lou and LeeP are on the case but I'm floundering a bit.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - LexiRevellian - 05 May 2015 10:37 AM

Google Alerts has just sent me to fake KUF - very odd, after that when I clicked the same link it took me to another site as if it had removed its disguise - or put on another one.

[Image: download%20strange%20KUF_zpsihyszqdl.png]
[Image: download%20strange_zps6lswtncm.png]

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 05 May 2015 11:03 AM

That's exactly what I was getting. I'm not set up for Google Alerts but one of the people who contacted me thinking I've been discussing their books sent me a link - it's like this - it seems to change each time you look. That Comic Book one was one of the originals. It's starting up again, I think. Lee and i were contacted by someone yesterday from one of these sites and he came to KuF thinking that this is where the discussion had taken place.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - LexiRevellian - 05 May 2015 11:08 AM

Weird. At least no one is pretending to be me...that must be really annoying.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 05 May 2015 11:10 AM

It is! You have no idea what is said in your name. They use strange names but the links are ours. Three of us, to my knowledge.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Lou - 05 May 2015 11:41 AM

These bloody sites won't lie down will they. Still on the case but very difficult to get this resolved.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Scribbler - 05 May 2015 06:29 PM

I think it will be a long-running saga, Lou. You might have to give up if it's consuming too much of your precious time. Sad