UK Kindle Users Forum
Fake Kindle Users Forum - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: About This Website (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Fake Kindle Users Forum (/thread-18215.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Scribbler - 16 Apr 2015 09:34 PM

(16 Apr 2015 06:25 PM)leep Wrote:  Right, finally written up what I've found. I think I've hit the limits of my skills.

http://leepenney.com/general/i-am-not-a-book-pirate/
Very interesting, Lee.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - skate - 17 Apr 2015 08:33 AM

Sorry to say, but they're still at it. I just got a Google alert and was sent to a 'forum' called "Bolt" where, if I signed up, I could download Treespeaker for free. Sad

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 17 Apr 2015 10:06 AM

I don't think these sites really go away, Kate. I've never activated Google Alerts so I never find these things out. I'm happy in my ignorance!

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 19 Apr 2015 05:02 PM

Just had another poor author contact me about what I said about her book - I wonder what I said? All I can do is keep saying it's not me and I haven't heard of the book.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - leep - 20 Apr 2015 06:17 AM

I had another PM yesterday too

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Lou - 20 Apr 2015 09:07 AM

Anyone have the URLs where these originated from? PM them to me please if you do.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 20 Apr 2015 09:09 AM

I have a number of sites which seem to generate the most hits on my website - is that any good? I'll PM them to you.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 20 Apr 2015 09:13 AM

Strange, some of them - I mean Ballycastle Nativity?

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Lou - 20 Apr 2015 09:25 AM

Have taken a look at the URLs. They all appear to be the same template, can't see them mimicing the forum, but that may be driven by a particular URL rather than the domain. They do appear to have a Sainsburys link at the bottom of the page too. Will investigate further later.

RE: Fake Kindle Users Forum - Kath Middleton - 20 Apr 2015 09:34 AM

Thanks. They are evidently used by someone with my web and blog links, skimmed from here. Makes you feel vulnerable.