UK Kindle Users Forum
New Channel : D2D now distributes to Oyster - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Writing, Publishing and Marketing eBooks (/forum-94.html)
+---- Forum: Draft2Digital Publishing (/forum-169.html)
+---- Thread: New Channel : D2D now distributes to Oyster (/thread-17909.html)

Pages: 1 2

New Channel : D2D now distributes to Oyster - Katherine Roberts - 29 Jan 2015 01:34 PM

No, I'd never heard of them, either! But it seems they are the German answer to Amazon's Kindle, and one click will send all your titles at D2D over there. (You need to log in and ask D2D to do this, since they do not automatically send your books otherwise.)

Here's what Passive Voice has to say:
http://www.thepassivevoice.com/01/2015/draft2digital-and-tolino-join-forces/

I'm not sure how well English Language titles will sell at Tolino, but look forward to finding out... anyone else doing this?

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - TechnoHippy - 29 Jan 2015 01:36 PM

I'll give a try for my books with them.

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - davidwailing - 29 Jan 2015 02:50 PM

Worth a shot. There is a big English-reading audience in Germany. D2D have made it easy by having one big button that automatically publishes all your books to Torino.

I have to say that as much as I like D2D, I haven't had a single sale with Kobo, PageFoundry or Scribd through them. But then again, I've done no marketing for those platforms either.

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - DavidHaynes - 29 Jan 2015 04:35 PM

I've signed up. I'm not expecting much, but as David said, it's worth a shot.

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - Andy Barrett - 29 Jan 2015 06:55 PM

Yep, same here, David. Worth a punt.

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - Katherine Roberts - 05 Jun 2015 05:50 PM

Much to my amazement, I can report a sale at Tolino Big Grin 
They sold a copy of my Seven Fabulous Wonders Omnibus (this series was translated into German when HarperCollins published it, so possibly that's why...?)

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - George Hamilton - 05 Jun 2015 08:00 PM

This may encourage me to put my titles through D2D again.

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - Gordon Bickerstaff - 05 Jun 2015 09:03 PM

I put my books on D2D and I've been pleased with the sales so far. I've done little on marketing I'm still learning.
It is just as easy on D2D to change the price as it is on Amazon. 
Had a little bit of bother getting them to accept my paperwork to stop US tax withholding but eventually got it sorted.

RE: NEW for 2015: D2D now distributes to Tolino - Katherine Roberts - 08 Jun 2015 11:49 AM

George, my D2D sales (from all their outlets added up) seem to be approximately 20% of my total ebook sales. Some of those might be taking away from the  Kindle sales, of course, but I think it's worth doing.

Also, you can make titles permafree through D2D (for Apple, Kobo and Nook), which you can't do at Amazon... and then sometimes Amazon will price match the freebie!

RE: NEW CHANNEL : D2D now distributes to Oyster - Katherine Roberts - 26 Jun 2015 12:07 PM

I just had an email saying D2D are now distributing to Oyster - it's a subscription service like Scribd - so I've just sent all my books with D2D over there.

I must admit I had my doubts about making my titles available at these subscription channels to begin with, but Scribd doesn't seem to have killed sales elsewhere. My theory is that the people who use subscription channels wouldn't actually buy the ebooks anyway... what do others think?