UK Kindle Users Forum
Book Of The Web - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: 3G and Wi-fi Problems (/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Book Of The Web (/thread-1675.html)

Pages: 1 2

Book Of The Web - Robin Gardner - 02 Feb 2011 09:52 PM

Hi,

I have just created a "Book Of The Web" for the Kindle. This book will allow you to read news, stories, blogs and forums as easily as any other book or periodical. It has an easy to navigate table of contents which lists recommended websites for various interests. This book makes reading content on the web almost seamless - no more typing in URL's, waiting ages and then constantly zooming and scrolling. It also provides access to Facebook and popular email sites.

You can download the book from: http://www.readingthenet.com/bookoftheweb

The easiest way to install it is to open the URL in the kindle browser. Otherwise you can download it to your PC and either email the file to your kindle account or transfer via USB.

Once installed the book provides a link to update itself to newer versions.

Enjoy,

Robin

RE: Book Of The Web - Steve - 03 Feb 2011 10:39 AM

Robin thanks for this, it sounds great - I'm at work at the moment so don't have my Kindle with me but will download it this evening. I have found readingthenet really useful so far. Your work is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

RE: Book Of The Web - Robin Gardner - 07 Feb 2011 12:26 PM

I have just updated the "Book Of The Web" to version 2. It now includes "International" and "Web Apps" sections. You can automatically update to the new book by going to the "Update this book" section.

Note: I won't post about updates to the book again. To be notified of futures updates you will need to follow @readingthenet on Twitter

Robin

RE: Book Of The Web - pbrstreetgang - 09 Feb 2011 10:40 AM

Many thanks for this ...very useful for those of us with limited web access

RE: Book Of The Web - alansia - 11 Mar 2011 11:05 PM

(02 Feb 2011 09:52 PM)Robin Gardner Wrote:  Hi,

I have just created a "Book Of The Web" for the Kindle. This book will allow you to read news, stories, blogs and forums as easily as any other book or periodical. It has an easy to navigate table of contents which lists recommended websites for various interests. This book makes reading content on the web almost seamless - no more typing in URL's, waiting ages and then constantly zooming and scrolling. It also provides access to Facebook and popular email sites.

You can download the book from: http://www.readingthenet.com/bookoftheweb

The easiest way to install it is to open the URL in the kindle browser. Otherwise you can download it to your PC and either email the file to your kindle account or transfer via USB.

Once installed the book provides a link to update itself to newer versions.

Enjoy,

Robin

RE: Book Of The Web - alansia - 11 Mar 2011 11:12 PM

(07 Feb 2011 12:26 PM)Robin Gardner Wrote:  I have just updated the "Book Of The Web" to version 2. It now includes "International" and "Web Apps" sections. You can automatically update to the new book by going to the "Update this book" section.

Note: I won't post about updates to the book again. To be notified of futures updates you will need to follow @readingthenet on Twitter

Robin
This is really useful. I am a novice and would like to know if I open any of the newspapers etc. will i be charged for this.?

RE: Book Of The Web - Robin Gardner - 15 Mar 2011 07:45 PM

(11 Mar 2011 11:12 PM)alansia Wrote:  This is really useful. I am a novice and would like to know if I open any of the newspapers etc. will i be charged for this.?

No you won't be charged. All you are doing is looking at the newspaper websites but reformatted to be more kindle friendly.

Robin

RE: Book Of The Web - alansia - 16 Mar 2011 12:14 AM

Thank you for your reply Robin. I think your Book of the Web is great. It makes browsing on the Kindle much easier.

RE: Book Of The Web - Bernegoue - 16 Apr 2011 07:56 PM

Many thanks Robin, just downloaded it and given it a try. It's excellent!!!

RE: Book Of The Web - Jilli-an - 16 Apr 2011 08:02 PM

Thanks for this I am enjoying the choice of different newspapers. Will you be adding more magazines?