UK Kindle Users Forum
KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? (/thread-16268.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - JMac - 10 Mar 2014 07:27 PM

I've noticed one or two regular contributors to the forum have used the KUF ads and they are certainly very reasonably priced. Can anyone link an increase in sales to a KUF ad?

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - Rosen Trevithick - 10 Mar 2014 07:33 PM

Ooh... controversial.

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - Jonathan Hill - 10 Mar 2014 07:38 PM

I've had good results in the past, but it's impossible to tell whether you would have had the sales without the ad. For me, it's worth it, because you feel you're supporting the forum and so, if nothing happens with your sales, you've still gained in some way.

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - JMac - 10 Mar 2014 08:00 PM

I thought I might give it a try - and I get the bit about supporting the forum - but just wondered if there was anything known about impact. I saw a thread somewhere, I can't remember where, about indie authors all selling to each other and I just wondered whether the ad would be hitting the same potential audience, who are probably already sick to death of hearing about Deceiving Ellie!

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - Anna Faversham - 10 Mar 2014 08:03 PM

I always read the ads. I'm currently looking at one by M. Sid Kelly. It's attractively presented and makes for a bit of a giggle with his statistics. You could always look at the bottom of these pages where Lou tells us how many people are visiting the site - that's an important figure.

Wasn't it M.Sid Kelly who gave us a link to Amazon statistics? At £0.99p he should get some 'gratitude buys'!

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - Tim_A - 10 Mar 2014 08:05 PM

It seems to me that if you're posting here regularly and interacting (i.e. not doing the dump & run thing), everyone who is likely to buy your book from here probably already knows about it. Certainly the ads I've run here haven't disturbed the tumbleweeds blowing across my results page.

But that won't stop me taking out more ads because (a) they're deductible and (b) it helps keep the site going.

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - B J Burton - 10 Mar 2014 08:16 PM

(10 Mar 2014 08:00 PM)JMac Wrote: Wrote:  indie authors all selling to each other and I just wondered whether the ad would be hitting the same potential audience, who are probably already sick to death of hearing about Deceiving Ellie!
As Linda so aptly put it some time ago, 'We're all taking in each other's washing.'

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - JMac - 10 Mar 2014 08:36 PM

That's what I meant but nicely put! I may give it a try anyway, but suspect the market here is probably saturated as far as my book is concerned.

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - Anna Faversham - 10 Mar 2014 08:42 PM

We chatterers are not the only ones visiting this site though. According to the statistics at the bottom of the home page 133 guests visited in the last half an hour. 

I do understand what you mean though re saturation. The 133 guests have had the opportunity of reading what you have been saying, Julie. But do you read each and every thread and posting?  Just thinking out loud here. It's hard to know where our sales come from.

RE: KUF Ads - do they increase sales? - joo - 10 Mar 2014 08:46 PM

(10 Mar 2014 08:42 PM)Anna Faversham Wrote: Wrote:  We chatterers are not the only ones visiting this site though. According to the statistics at the bottom of the home page 133 guests visited in the last half an hour. 

I do understand what you mean though re saturation. The 133 guests have had the opportunity of reading what you have been saying, Julie. But do you read each and every thread and posting?  Just thinking out loud here. It's hard to know where our sales come from.
And of the visitors, just 76 members visited today.  So there are plenty of non-kuffers visiting.