UK Kindle Users Forum
Curling up with your Kindle - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Kindle Buzz (/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Curling up with your Kindle (/thread-1535.html)

Pages: 1 2

Curling up with your Kindle - mummycool1 - 22 Jan 2011 05:49 PM

Hi there, this is my first new thread, so I hope I'm doing it right!
I was just wondering what is your favourite time of day & place to curl up with your Kindle?
Mine is bedtime! You'll find me slinking off up to bed with a mug of chocolate horlicks & my Kindle. I have 3 kids so for me this is the quietest time of day with no distractions for me to have some pure escapism. I'll then read until my eyes won't stay open any longer!!

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - jenk1947 - 22 Jan 2011 06:10 PM

Me as well. I would like to read more during the day but rarely get around to it. If my wife wants to sleep, I just pull the cover light out.

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - charminglochie - 22 Jan 2011 06:10 PM

Same for me! I have two boys and as soon as they are in bed I am desperate to curl up under the duvet with a hot chocolate and my kindle. But I try to fit it in whenever possible!

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - Daphne - 22 Jan 2011 06:11 PM

In my rocking chair by a log fire with a glass of wine.Reading Kindle (there isn't a wine-drinking kindle-smilie, so please modify the image in your mind).
(Bedtime with hot chocolate sounds pretty good too.Smile)

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - kaska - 22 Jan 2011 06:33 PM

Curled up on the sofa in the conservatory, dogs at my feet, cappuccino in hand & every now & then looking up at all the greenery & birds ... bliss Reading Kindle

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - TheKindleWorm - 22 Jan 2011 06:39 PM

(22 Jan 2011 06:10 PM)jenk1947 Wrote:  Me as well. I would like to read more during the day but rarely get around to it. If my wife wants to sleep, I just pull the cover light out.

That's exactly what I have to do. My husband often goes to sleep long before I want to so that's when the lighted cover gets a very good workout!

I'd like to read more during the day but I prefer to read in peace with no distractions. Looking forward to the summer so I can enjoy reading outside in the sun Smile

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - Susanne - 22 Jan 2011 07:41 PM

Reading in bed at night for me too and I also try to grab a couple of hours Kindle time during the weekend. I work full-time, so no opportunities during the day usually. It doesn't matter how tired I am, I always read before I go to sleep. Kindle Smile

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - Alex - 22 Jan 2011 11:51 PM

Mine tends to be in the evening when I get home from work. There's never anything on tv at that time (or ever!) so I come in, settle on the sofa and read until it's time to think about dinner Smile

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - garyhere - 23 Jan 2011 01:54 PM

I'm reading more now then ever. I no longer waste my lunch break sat staring at the internet, I now read my Kindle.
And rather than having the TV on for the sake of it in the evenings, again, now its the Kindle.

RE: Curling up with your Kindle - I ♥ my Kindle - 23 Jan 2011 05:01 PM

I tend to read first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
One of my favourite places to read is in the garden in the sun Smile