UK Kindle Users Forum
The weather - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The weather (/thread-14181.html)

Pages: 1 2

The weather - George - 05 Jul 2013 09:36 AM

It is finally warming up in Staffordshire. If it continues like this I will be able to switch the central heating off and seek out my summer duvet.

RE: The weather - Daphne - 05 Jul 2013 10:05 AM

(05 Jul 2013 09:36 AM)George Wrote: Wrote:  It is finally warming up in Staffordshire. If it continues like this I will be able to switch the central heating off and seek out my summer duvet.

Don't get carried away, George - actions like that could jinx the weather and we'll be back to grey skies and drizzle. Since it's nice I'm taking a few days off to go painting. Got my easel out already. The new baby fallow deer are just making an appearance in the park - they are so sweet. But I don't think they will stand still long enough to be painted.

RE: The weather - cecilia_writer - 05 Jul 2013 10:32 AM

Not for the first time lately, the BBC weather forecast is completely at odds with our actual weather here. It's showing wall-to-wall sunshine whereas in fact we have a blanket of cloud over us.

RE: The weather - sujay - 05 Jul 2013 11:07 AM

It has taken all morning for the sun to appear here, but it has come at last. let's hope it stays around for a bit. Smile

RE: The weather - joo - 05 Jul 2013 11:08 AM

I have 2 weeks off work starting at 3:30 this afternoon Big Grin
We couldn't have picked a better time (as long as the forecast is true).

RE: The weather - Lou - 05 Jul 2013 11:48 AM

Yup, it's looking good down here. Says 27Âș for here on Sunday. Down to the beach for me for sure, although I already have quite bad sunburn from last weekend.

RE: The weather - cecilia_writer - 05 Jul 2013 12:45 PM

Hurray! Sun out here at last, in time for the weekend. Half my colleagues are sitting on a bench outside and don't want to come back in after lunch.

RE: The weather - LexiRevellian - 05 Jul 2013 05:35 PM

I saw two ladybirds today on my balcony! Drab orange two-spots, quite small. The first I've seen this year.

RE: The weather - Anna Faversham - 05 Jul 2013 06:27 PM

(05 Jul 2013 05:35 PM)LexiRevellian Wrote: Wrote:  I saw two ladybirds today on my balcony! Drab orange two-spots, quite small. The first I've seen this year.
Hey Lexi, I see you have rocketed up the charts and are at 800 or so with Ice Diaries and in the top ten of three genre charts. That's encouraging - someone must be buying.

Sorry, that was off topic. The place to be.

The weather, yes, warm at last. It's bound to be overwhelmingly hot on Wednesday because I've just promised to help a friend move into their flat so if you see someone in need of a long, cool drink, it could be me. Or possibly a bucket of water will do.

RE: The weather - LexiRevellian - 05 Jul 2013 06:33 PM

Thrown over you, Anna? Or with ice and a straw?