UK Kindle Users Forum
New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Writing, Publishing and Marketing eBooks (/forum-94.html)
+--- Thread: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! (/thread-13787.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - George Hamilton - 29 May 2013 07:59 PM

I find the last cover with the red text the most enticing.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Ray Kingfisher - 29 May 2013 09:11 PM

Thanks George, I'd already contacted my cover artist.
And blimey, she's quick!
These are the three new ones to choose from, any preferences anyone?

[attachment=2310]

Many Thanks,

Ray.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Jonathan Hill - 29 May 2013 09:37 PM

A or B, leaning towards B! Haven't yet read though so I might not be the best judge. (I do have it on my Kindle and am looking forward to it!)

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Tim_A - 29 May 2013 11:52 PM

I'll stick to C. The fonts on the first two are much better, but I can't get over the graveyard picture, which is a total turn off as far as I'm concerned, and no amount of font fiddling will get over that.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Kath Middleton - 30 May 2013 05:43 AM

There's a graveyard in the story.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Tim_A - 30 May 2013 08:22 AM

Doesn't matter what's in the book. Graveyards, churches and twee country cottages on the cover all make me run a mile. But then, I'm probably not the target audience anyhow Wink

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - George Hamilton - 30 May 2013 09:24 AM

There's a surreal quality to A2 which draws me in, making me feel a mystery lies behind the cover.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - davidwailing - 30 May 2013 09:25 AM

I like A a great deal. I'm not sure about 'a warm mystery story' as a tagline. It makes me feel like it's been reheated in the microwave! Does it really need a tagline? It'll have a description on Amazon that does the job better than a single line could.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Ray Kingfisher - 30 May 2013 10:20 AM

(30 May 2013 09:25 AM)davidwailing Wrote: Wrote:  I like A a great deal. I'm not sure about 'a warm mystery story' as a tagline. It makes me feel like it's been reheated in the microwave! Does it really need a tagline? It'll have a description on Amazon that does the job better than a single line could.

No tag line at all? Never thought of that. It would get around the problem of how to classify it in a few words. Thanks for the suggestion, David.
And thanks all for your comments.
RK.

RE: New Cover for Matchbox Memories - help! - Anna Faversham - 30 May 2013 11:47 AM

(29 May 2013 09:11 PM)Ray Kingfisher Wrote: Wrote:  Thanks George, I'd already contacted my cover artist.
And blimey, she's quick!
These are the three new ones to choose from, any preferences anyone?

Many Thanks,

Ray.
A3 - attracted me, clear, and gives a feeling of mystery. But I had to think twice about the 'warm' contrasting with the misty 'graveyard'

D2 - Yep. No problems with the warm. The words 'warm mystery' made me stop and think.

Maybe David's idea of leaving the blurb to do the talking would work well.