UK Kindle Users Forum
Case Abuse!!! - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Kindle Keyboard / Kindle 3 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Case Abuse!!! (/thread-13362.html)

Pages: 1 2

Case Abuse!!! - I ♥ my Kindle - 18 Apr 2013 06:58 PM

I read a lot in bed and quite often do this, so that I can read lying down on my side.

[Image: DSC05915.jpg]

I am now suffering with intermittant light failure. My fault, case abuse!. The case is 2 years+ old now. What seems to have happened is somehow the Kindle slides down the lower hook and breaks the connection, so no light. I have to jiggle the Kindle carefully to get a connection again.
It works fine if used correctly though.

So don't bend those cases and read sideways if you don't want to break those Amazon cases peeps.

RE: Case Abuse!!! - Mel Armstrong - 18 Apr 2013 07:12 PM

Oops! can you prop the case the right way round on a pillow? Saying that, I would probably then drop the whole thing off the bed completly, the end result being broken case and broken kindleSad

RE: Case Abuse!!! - joo - 18 Apr 2013 07:30 PM

I use mine folded back under the covers so I don't disturb hubby.

RE: Case Abuse!!! - George Hamilton - 18 Apr 2013 07:45 PM

(18 Apr 2013 07:30 PM)joo Wrote: Wrote:  I use mine folded back under the covers so I don't disturb hubby.

This makes reading sound quite naughty, but nice!

RE: Case Abuse!!! - I ♥ my Kindle - 18 Apr 2013 08:21 PM

If I lie on my left side I can prop it up and no strain on the hook as it's being used properly, but I can only do this as solo occupant of the bed. Otherwise Hubby would be the prop and he can be wriggly Big Grin

So most times, if I'm reading @ night I'm on my right side, and so the folded case. I'll probably devise a way to bung a corner of the blanket under to help take the Kindle's weight.

It's only very recently that this has happened (a night or 2 ago), am now wondering if I launched the Kindle off the bed when half/totally asleep. It has been known to happen, and I just assumed the case was indestructible Smile.

RE: Case Abuse!!! - I ♥ my Kindle - 19 Apr 2013 03:10 PM

Quick update. Have actually taken the time to take the Kindle out of the cover, and can see that the lower hook has twisted. So I guess sleep-dropping is to blame.
Hubby, with the aid of a pair of pliers, has untwisted it back into place and it works properly again. The hook is a snug fit once more, light stays on etc ... Smile

RE: Case Abuse!!! - LynneW - 19 Apr 2013 07:25 PM

I'm guilty of the exact same thing, doesn't matter where I am when I read I always fold my cover back.
My OH had to get his pliers out few weeks ago, been fine since. I know I shouldn't, but I still fold it back!

RE: Case Abuse!!! - Michael Cargill - 19 Apr 2013 09:19 PM

I can honestly say that I've never considered reading on my side.

What do you do when you want a sip of tea?

RE: Case Abuse!!! - joo - 19 Apr 2013 09:31 PM

I don't drink tea in bed.

RE: Case Abuse!!! - Michael Cargill - 19 Apr 2013 09:41 PM

What, you stand up each time you get thirsty...?