UK Kindle Users Forum
One Star Reviews - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: One Star Reviews (/thread-13247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: One Star Reviews - Dorte Hummelshoj - 11 Apr 2013 02:40 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this, Jennie. My family wouldn't dream of reviewing my books (if they deign to read them, that is Wink ), and my friends are mainly of the extremely conscientious, academic sort who never give books more than four stars. So most of my gushing reviews are definitely also honest in the way that they are from people I have no idea who are. So I have grown a bit tired of the assumption that they are rarely genuine.

RE: One Star Reviews - davidwailing - 12 Apr 2013 11:48 AM

Just to add another amusing/horrifying one star review to assure everyone you are not alone:

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my type of book, 5 Jan 2013
By Mary (Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fifth Season (Kindle Edition)
Again, I cannot criticise this book as I only read a few pages. It was a free download so no harm done.

I think it's the 'no harm done' that hurts the most!

RE: One Star Reviews - DavidHaynes - 12 Apr 2013 12:10 PM

(12 Apr 2013 11:48 AM)davidwailing Wrote: Wrote:  Just to add another amusing/horrifying one star review to assure everyone you are not alone:

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my type of book, 5 Jan 2013
By Mary (Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fifth Season (Kindle Edition)
Again, I cannot criticise this book as I only read a few pages. It was a free download so no harm done.

I think it's the 'no harm done' that hurts the most!
Yes, she can't criticise but has left a one star review! Whilst Amazon are quick to remove reviews they don't like, cretinous remarks like this which are not reviews, are allowed to sit in perpetuity!  Moronic.

RE: One Star Reviews - Chris Barraclough - 12 Apr 2013 03:46 PM

Ha, unbelievable. I've had a couple of similar ones: "Downloaded for free, not my usual kind of thing so didn't really enjoy it, but don't let that put you off. 1 star'. Makes you despair for your own species Smile

RE: One Star Reviews - joo - 12 Apr 2013 04:44 PM

Oy you, just be glad it didn't cause her harm. She might sue you Devil Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: One Star Reviews - DavidHaynes - 12 Apr 2013 05:12 PM

(12 Apr 2013 04:44 PM)joo Wrote: Wrote:  Oy you, just be glad it didn't cause her harm. ¬†She might sue you Devil Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Haha! Sorry Joo. No harm done eh?

RE: One Star Reviews - cecilia_writer - 12 Apr 2013 06:32 PM

I love 'no harm done' - so she didn't electrocute herself on her Kindle while she was reading the first few pages, or drop it in the bath in disappointment...

RE: One Star Reviews - davidwailing - 12 Apr 2013 07:27 PM

Can we turn 'no harm done' into a Kuffism for when someone's done exactly the opposite of what they say?!

#noharmdone

RE: One Star Reviews - DavidHaynes - 12 Apr 2013 07:37 PM

It's the new catchphrase!

RE: One Star Reviews - Ken Magee - 12 Apr 2013 07:42 PM

(12 Apr 2013 07:27 PM)davidwailing Wrote: Wrote:  Can we turn 'no harm done' into a Kuffism for when someone's done exactly the opposite of what they say?!

#noharmdone
David, you're an idiot... #NHD